Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
I just need a link that says "View My Showcase" if the user has one. I don't need the count or anything. I had it with vb and members loved it and caused the gallery to be used a lot more.

I just need a link that says "View My Showcase" if the user has one. I don't need the count or anything. I had it with vb and members loved it and caused the gallery to be used a lot more.
Then ask for help in the thread (which if you refresh the thread, you'll see that I've posted 4 examples just for you).

Since Showcase is a PAID addon and I have no way of validating here on XF's site whether or not people actually have a license for showcase (and whether that license has current support), you need to ask for support at my Support Forum. Showcase has its own forum dedicated to asking for support. I also need information like what version of Showcase you have installed, current XenForo version and the full stack trace of the error.

@Bob

maybe I missed it but I do not find an explanation of the different update levels. In the overview it is written:

Updates Duration:
12 months. Renewable at a cost of $30 (Basic), $40 (Premium) and $50 (Early Adopter) per 12 months.
So what are the differences except in price?

@Bob

maybe I missed it but I do not find an explanation of the different update levels. In the overview it is written:

Updates Duration:
12 months. Renewable at a cost of $30 (Basic), $40 (Premium) and $50 (Early Adopter) per 12 months.
So what are the differences except in price?
Its something NEW that I've not yet fully implemented. When the time is right, I will update the sticky thread in the announcement forum: https://xenaddons.com/threads/upcoming-license-changes-for-showcase-and-ams.1572/ If you want more details, feel free to inbox me and I can explain them in private.

https://xenaddons.com/showcase/category/muscle-cars.1/ (this is using Article View layout with a few of the options settings enabled [there are several options that control the content within the layout])

Hi,

I am in the process of deciding between Resource Manager and Showcase as a replacement for my Reviewpost reviews. I looked at this site and found this structure for reviews:

https://xenaddons.com/showcase/1970-plymouth-barracuda.11/reviews

showcase_review_screenshot.webp

I try to understand, whether I can configure Showcase the way I need it. In the screenshot above, it seems that a kind of "review template structure" is in place so that every reviewer has to use the same fields to fill out.

@Bob

1. Is this structure predefined or can I make my own appearance/fields? Any limitations?
Researched: I can add user review custom fields as much as I want to.

2. Is it possible with SC to have average star ratings for all subcategories like in screenshot above "appearance" and "quality"?

3. Is it possible with SC as an admin to setup checkboxes and the reviewer can check several boxes at the same time to show with which product they used that product together? i.e. Someone is writing a review about a lens and I want to offer checkboxes for different cameras so that others can see on which camera the reviewer used that lens?

Researched: Probably over the custom user review fields

4. Would these checkboxes be searchable?

Researched: Old posting of Bob in March 2015:

"...Item Custom fields are searchable, however, review fields are not (they will be in the near future)...."

Is this searchability of review fields implemented already in the current version (2.5.0)?

Thanks

Last edited:
There is nothing in place currently to prevent that, however, IIRC, there is functionality in SC 2.6.0 (Min/Max Character amounts on a per category basis as well as per tab). This way those that want tab one content purely custom fields won't be effected.
Any ETA for that release? Does it also include minimum images?
Users creating showcase entries with no descrption/details and no images is annoying me :)

2. Is it possible with SC to have average star ratings for all subcategories like in screenshot above "appearance" and "quality"?
No. The Star Rating custom field types are static for display only purposes. There is no "functionality" associated with them (like selecting a group of them and averaging them). If you need advanced functionality like that, the best way would be to extend the User Reviews functionality itself (via an addon).

Is this searchability of review fields implemented already in the current version (2.5.0)?
No. They won't be in SC 2.6.0 either. It might not even be something that I include with the XF 1.x version of Showcase.

Any ETA for that release? Does it also include minimum images?
Users creating showcase entries with no descrption/details and no images is annoying me :)
No ETA. The description limits (for tabs 1-5) will be included with SC 2.6.0 Beta 2.

Last edited:
No. The Star Rating custom field types are static for display only purposes. There is no "functionality" associated with them (like selecting a group of them and averaging them). If you need advanced functionality like that, the best way would be to extend the User Reviews functionality itself (via an addon)...

Do you have a specific addon for this in mind?

I'm torn, how good of a Mod is this for Say Anime Reviews? Could people search Reviews by Tags?

I was using XenReview, but that was a waste of $90.. does anyone use this for Reviews on shows or books, So i could see how they used this?

Anyone utilising showcase, if it has such capability, to allow an item owner to record a log of activities for that item?
I utilise my Showcase as a 'garage' (vehicles), and would like to have a tab whereby item owners can record when services, etc. were done.
Eg. an item tab titled 'Services' that shows a columnar list of records for entered services; date, vendor, type of activity/service, free text description, odometer, value/cost, tickbox for private
.. an 'add' button at the top to add a new record to the list.
.. the private tickbox, unselected by default, if selected would mean that this would only show to the item owner, no-one else.

You have the "SC Custom Fields" (located under an extra tab if you wish, for example). I mean you can not have a "history" of entries – if you wanted something like that – but you can post any new entries as "update".

Anyone utilising showcase, if it has such capability, to allow an item owner to record a log of activities for that item?
I utilise my Showcase as a 'garage' (vehicles), and would like to have a tab whereby item owners can record when services, etc. were done.
Eg. an item tab titled 'Services' that shows a columnar list of records for entered services; date, vendor, type of activity/service, free text description, odometer, value/cost, tickbox for private
.. an 'add' button at the top to add a new record to the list.
.. the private tickbox, unselected by default, if selected would mean that this would only show to the item owner, no-one else.
Its not something that you can accomplish 'out of the box', however, its something that would not be difficult (mid level stuff) to do via an addon.

@Bob I run a large automotive forum with a butt load of build threads lumped together in one forum, some of my members have close to 300 pages of posts in their build thread. My question is, can these large threads be imported into showcase? How would that work? Thanks!

@Bob I run a large automotive forum with a butt load of build threads lumped together in one forum, some of my members have close to 300 pages of posts in their build thread. My question is, can these large threads be imported into showcase? How would that work? Thanks!
Yes, showcase has the ability to "Convert Thread to Showcase" and "Convert Showcase to Thread" (both bulk and single processing). You can read more about it here: https://xenaddons.com/threads/convert-thread-s-to-showcase.1455/#post-7265

Reactions: IPF
@Bob - for one of my categories I need a single file attachment for every item (no image, but one epub or pdf file). Showcase custom fields are textfields or option fields for example. Can I use the XF upload system? And how could I do this with Showcase? Thanks!

Top Bottom