Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Getting this error when trying to restore a user who's been spam cleaned:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method NFLJ_Showcase_Model_InlineMod_Item::undeleteResources() - library/NFLJ/Showcase/SpamHandler/Item.php:66
Generated By: The Sandman, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "https://theadminzone.com/admin.php?spam-cleaner/2576/restore"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["spam-cleaner/2576/restore"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Send me an inbox reminder tomorrow when I am at work. I have an XML that I made for someone yesterday that you can use (its on my laptop at the office)

Oh yes an easy way to batch rename phrases would be great. I'm surprised this isn't a feature in XF yet.

Anonymous review not so anonymous?

I submitted an anonymous test review and it comes up as anonymous here on the item page:

Screenshot 2015-10-30 at 8.35.18 AM.webp

But you can see the real user's avatar on the widget:

Screenshot 2015-10-30 at 8.34.37 AM.webp

This is browsing as a guest in Chrome incognito mode

2 Questions:

#1 Is it possible to run multiple instances of this add-on on the same forum?
Example: 1 for restaurants 1 for movie theaters on the same forum

#2 Is it possible to view all the submitted showcases on google maps?

Example: I want to use showcase for a list of movie theaters. So every time i submit a movie theater i will write the address in the information and i want it to automatically put a point on google maps. Most people would find it easier to just use the map instead of searching through the categories for movie theaters.

So is this possible based on what address i submit in each submitted showcase?

Here is a quick photo i made on paint of what i mean(just pretend the cars are movie theaters)

a button to view them on a map
Capture.webp

1.webp

as you can see here, i can search by google maps inside the showcase of all the showcases of movie theaters i submitted.

This way people can easily search what close to where they live.

Last edited:
Anonymous review not so anonymous?
Already fixed in the next release... thank you for pointing that out!

How do I disable the "more items by this user" sidebar on the item page?
Options >> Showcase >> Items Page Tab >> scroll down until you see this option setting, do as the explain text states...

"Set to 0 to disable".
Selection_151.webp

#1 Is it possible to run multiple instances of this add-on on the same forum?
No. You can only install any addon once. With that said, I do have plans tho for Multi Instance functionality "built in" in the next generation of the Addon (post XF 2.0).

#2 Is it possible to view all the submitted showcases on google maps?
Basic Google Maps integration has been added to SC 2.6.0 (no release date has been set yet). Im not ready to discuss what has and has not been implemented in regards to this. You can follow along at the support site by watching the suggestions form for Showcase.

When someone clicks "Mark Items Viewed," does that add to the view count of the items that were not viewed?
No. Logging item view counts only come into play when actually viewing the items themselves. Its not something I'd add, but it wouldn't be that hard to customize the SC View(Read) Marking system to do that if you need that functionality.

@Bob is awesome. Showcase 2.5.1 is out and it adds the "Showcase Item Field Search" BD Widget Framework Widget. Basically it allows you to set up the Showcase index ala Amazon with filtered results based on the custom fields you enter when you customize the addon.

Screenshot 2015-12-01 at 11.16.52 PM.webp

Here are the position settings need to make it work like above (so it shows up in showcase index and search results)

Screenshot 2015-12-01 at 11.15.21 PM.webp

See it action on my site here:

http://www.filmschool.org/filmschools/

Again, Bob is an awesome developer. Showcase is really turning into a powerful review system...

I have my Showcase home view showing in grid format and would like to make the images displayed a bit smaller, it looks like this right now. http://mychatgroup.com/showcase/

upload_2015-12-27_15-30-6.webp

So if I look at my settings option I see the following option

upload_2015-12-27_15-31-37.webp

So I have tried changing this to 150 x 150 and have done the Rebuild Showcase Thumbnails, however this is not changing the actual size but is only dropping down the quality of the thumbnails, so how do I change the actual size of these thumbnails?

So I have tried changing this to 150 x 150 and have done the Rebuild Showcase Thumbnails, however this is not changing the actual size but is only dropping down the quality of the thumbnails, so how do I change the actual size of these thumbnails?
Its not dropping the quality, its now using a 150x150 thumbnail in a responsive container that is expanding larger than the size of the thumbnail. What you need to be setting are the STYLE PROPERTY'S for Showcase (mainly, Showcase - Grid View Responsive Design).

Selection_433.webp

Default settings are set for 300x300 thumbnail size. If you change to a smaller thumbnail size, you'll need to change the items per row from 3 to at least 4 (and maybe 5). With a 150x150 thumb, try setting them the 4 - 4 - 3 - 2 OR 4 - 3 - 2 - 2 (just keep adjusting until you get what you want). Might even have to adjust the thumbsize again slightly to get it exactly the way you want. Works the same exact way as XFMG does.

Selection_434.webp

Top Bottom