I'd have to say that, whilst some of these tag cloud screenshots are available on other sites, they're not particularly pretty in themselves and not in keeping with XenForo.
If there's to be a tag cloud available somewhere in addition to its own page, then I think the sidebar would be a suitable location. This would also be in keeping with XFMG which has one in its sidebar.
1) Tag-Cloud display / positions
the "Tag Cloud" is currently extremely hidden, although it would enhance the user-experience enormously.
Give Admin some diverse "options" in order to display the "Tag Cloud" in areas where he wants to display them (maybe similar to "Page Critera" at Notices).
So Admin could display the "Tags" either:
- display "Tags" at the top of the Homepage
- display "Tags" at the bottom of the Homepage
- display "Tags" at the Sidebar
- display "Tags" at specific Forum-Nodes
2) Dedicated "Tags Page"
the "Tags" should be more exposed at a dedicated "Tags Page".
- make an "option" so that the "Tag Cloud" could be shown at a separate "Tags Page". Not necessarily integrated in the "Search Feature" only.
- "Tags Page" to be reached via clicking onto a Link in the NavBar.
3) Tags design
would be great if the "Tag Cloud" could be designed via CSS.
4) Top Tags
show "Top Tags" (for example in the Sidebar).
Without question, the best place for said tag cloud is in the sidebar. I do agree with @Veer that if not placed on the homepage - sidebar, this will feature will get lost in the sauce .. a hidden feature of sorts. Additionally, It would be great to see a hashtag system put in place as well. My prior forum had it and it was well liked by all. Either way, I love the work being put in to 1.5 and do appreciate all the hard work XF is doing. #CantWait