Shoutbox by Siropu

Shoutbox by Siropu [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy (€14.99)
Could you add an option for guest refresh rate? I'd like to have a good refresh rate for members while letting guests view the shoutbox without a big impact on performance.

Hate to acknowledge my newbness, but I see people talking about the sidebar option, however I don't see that option. Is it located somewhere other than the options in the admin page under "addons"?

This is a fantastic shoutbox addon. I love it! One more probably really basic question. I have a dark theme for my website, and it looks great until someone tags a user in the shoutbox. The colors are way too light to see the text. Could you direct me to where to start to change the background color on tagged texts in the shoutbox?

I've found that element being:
.siropuShoutboxTagged {
  1. background: #eef8ed;
  2. padding: 3px;
  3. border-radius: 5px;
  4. border: 1px solid #63ba5f;
with chrome's "inspect element"

I just haven't been able to find where this value resides in order to change it.

Thank you!

Last edited:
My members are asking if there is any chance we might be able to get a "Like" function in the shoutbox?

It's really been a great addition to our community.

Reactions: rdn
Sorry, no plans for such feature. If you need something more feature rich, Chat 2 is the way to go.

Sorry, no plans for such feature. If you need something more feature rich, Chat 2 is the way to go.
Sounds like a plan. Is it possible to use Chat 2 as a simple shoutbox on the sidebar of the front page? That's all we're really needing, but I'd be more than happy to buy Chat 2 if we can use it like that with "likes"

Hi, great add-on, so far very popular on my site!

How do I change the colour of the user that has been tagged? I've tried looking through and altering a few bits in siropu_shoutbox.less but no joy.

.siropuShoutboxTagged in siropu_shoutbox.less.
Current value is background: @xf-contentAccentBg; Replace @xf-contentAccentBg with a color code (#hex or rgb),

.siropuShoutboxTagged in siropu_shoutbox.less.
Current value is background: @xf-contentAccentBg; Replace @xf-contentAccentBg with a color code (#hex or rgb),

Thank you, is it possible to still show the background for those that have been tagged, along with a different colour of the tagged username?

You want to change only the username of the tagged user?

That's the one. Looks a bit too much with the chatters username and the tagged username both being exactly the same colour.shout.png
So if I could alter the colour of the tagged chatters, chole and a350 in this example.

Or if it's easier the colour of the username posting.

Add in extra.less template:
CSS:
.siropuShoutboxTagged .siropuShoutboxMessage .username
{
     color: orangered;
}

Top Bottom