Setting up Facebook, Twitter & Google Integration

Setting up Facebook, Twitter & Google Integration

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Setting up Facebook, Twitter and Google Integration - Follow these instructions to set up your XenForo board for FB, Twitter and Google sign up/login.

Facebook Integration

Facebook Integration has been available in XenForo for some time. But in case you are unfamiliar, follow these instructions to set up Facebook Integration so that your users can sign up or log in with Facebook:

View attachment 65876

1. You need a Facebook account for this. Whether you use your personal account or some other account specifically for this process does not matter. The details of the account will not be seen...

Read more about this resource...

chris

i already have Guiltar's social authentication addon set up in my board.... will those API keys work in 1.3?

chris

i already have Guiltar's social authentication addon set up in my board.... will those API keys work in 1.3?
I think you can use your previous API from guiltar addon to xenforo login.

Now the real question is, how we convert the user who register using guiltar addon login to xenforo integrated login?

chris

Yes they should do.

I think you can use your previous API from guiltar addon to xenforo login.

Now the real question is, how we convert the user who register using guiltar addon login to xenforo integrated login?
Nothing to convert. They should just work.

Well there may be a scenario where that might happen. I'm going to test it later. Not so much Facebook.

Definitely going to be interested in seeing if google and twitter users simply convert over from the social plugin.

For Google integration, a question about which account to use...
You need a Google account for this. Whether you use your personal account or some other account specifically for this process does not matter. The details of the account will not be seen by your users.
It looks like the email address is exposed. For example, associating the account here to Google reveals "xenforo@gmail.com" associated to the project name.

If we were to use our own personal account is there way to change which email address is associated to the project?

For Google integration, a question about which account to use...
It looks like the email address is exposed. For example, associating the account here to Google reveals "xenforo@gmail.com" associated to the project name.

If we were to use our own personal account is there way to change which email address is associated to the project?
To answer that question.... yes, but you need multiple Gmail accounts.

Once you create the project from Gmail Account A you go to into {Project} => Permission => Add Member and invite Gmail Account B to the project. Then log into Gmail Account B and confirm the invitation. After that go back into {Project} => APIs & Auth => Consent Screen => Email Address and then Gmail Account B will be shown as an option.

If you end up creating multiple gmail accounts for this purpose, remember to log into Gmail Account B every so often or else it might end up getting deactivated and when that happens you can't recover it (a couple of my web sit names @gmail.com are now in use & no longer usable :().

I have a dedicated gmail account for my site, which is already used for FB, Twitter, etc., so I'll just use that.

Anyone know why my Twitter button doesn't look correct, but works just fine when clicking on it and also why the Google button does not work or look correct? These are these same settings that worked perfectly with the other social login addon by Guitar. Clicking the Google button does nothing...any thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 38
Anyone know why my Twitter button doesn't look correct, but works just fine when clicking on it and also why the Google button does not work or look correct? These are these same settings that worked perfectly with the other social login addon by Guitar. Clicking the Google button does nothing...any thoughts?
If by not looking correct you mean the missing icons, there a couple of new images in 1.3....

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-upgrade-to-xenforo-1-3.67502/#post-709579

Touche good sir, so that fixed the button look, but is anyone having issues with the Google+ login button not doing anything when clicked on? Using the associate button in /account/external-accounts appears to work just fine.

Touche good sir, so that fixed the button look, but is anyone having issues with the Google+ login button not doing anything when clicked on? Using the associate button in /account/external-accounts appears to work just fine.
Have you tried with the default style? The Google+ link is using a different method to generate its button the versus the more traditional link like the FB & Twitter buttons, it's possible if you're using a modified style that something didn't get updated.

Top Bottom