1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Server error after add-on upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by rtr2006, Aug 15, 2013.

1. rtr2006

rtr2006 Member

First things first, my first real problem with Xenforo.

Ok, my forums run 1.1.5 (I know 1.2.0 is out, I'm working on it).

I was upgrading an add-on when the page went blank and says server error. I searched this website for some help and found that "rebuilding master data" may help. I tried that, no luck. Still can't get anywhere.

I haven't really learned a lot about troubleshooting this software yet, but I do know enough to do so if given some direction on where/how to start.

Thanks in advance,
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just to be clear - it's a server error you're receiving, not a blank page. The blank page will likely be sorted by rebuilding the master data.

However, a server error is likely related to an add-on. Given that you just updated an add-on when it happened, that seems doubly plausible. I'd recommend disabling all add-ons to see if the problem is resolved. If you can't access your control panel, you can do this via config.php: http://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/
    rtr2006 likes this.
  3. rtr2006

rtr2006 Member

Bingo! I think what happened was that one of the add-on's I was upgrading was upgraded for compatibility with 1.2.0

Now that you've helped me get it back up, with no add-ons, how do I go about figuring out what add-on caused it and getting rid of it?
  4. rtr2006

rtr2006 Member

Nevermind, thanks for your help Mike.