XF 1.1 Server error after add-on upgrade

rtr2006

First things first, my first real problem with Xenforo.

Ok, my forums run 1.1.5 (I know 1.2.0 is out, I'm working on it).

I was upgrading an add-on when the page went blank and says server error. I searched this website for some help and found that "rebuilding master data" may help. I tried that, no luck. Still can't get anywhere.

I haven't really learned a lot about troubleshooting this software yet, but I do know enough to do so if given some direction on where/how to start.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

Just to be clear - it's a server error you're receiving, not a blank page. The blank page will likely be sorted by rebuilding the master data.

However, a server error is likely related to an add-on. Given that you just updated an add-on when it happened, that seems doubly plausible. I'd recommend disabling all add-ons to see if the problem is resolved. If you can't access your control panel, you can do this via config.php: http://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/

Bingo! I think what happened was that one of the add-on's I was upgrading was upgraded for compatibility with 1.2.0

Now that you've helped me get it back up, with no add-ons, how do I go about figuring out what add-on caused it and getting rid of it?

Top Bottom