Resource icon

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads 1.0

No permission to download

vinavb

vinavb submitted a new resource:

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads (version 1.0) - Separate Sticky and Normal Threads

What is it? It's a simple plugin to allow you to separate Sticky and Normal threads in forumdisplay without editing template.

Installation Instructions
unzip it, and you can look 1 file and 1 folder SeparateStickyAndNormal and addon-SeparateStickyAndNormal.xml

Upload the SeparateStickyAndNormal(including all sub directories and files contained within it) to:
yourXF/library/
After uploading, to verify, you should have: yourXF/library/SeparateStickyAndNormal/
Admin...

Read more about this resource...

I thought that this add-on was published a long time ago :-s? Or maybe I remembered seeing it in the add-on's archive...

I'd love to rate this 5 stars because I use it on every board I own, but I can't since I don't need to download it again.

This is a very well done addon that I love.

separate-sticky-and-normal-threads-png.28154

looks good.
I think a neat concept would be "NOTICE threads". Where important threads function like Xenforo's Notices. ie. The NOTICE threads would appear until you click them ... once clicked they will go away until the admin - re-enables the notice for that thread (making everyone re-read the update).

Is there a way to remove this for individual forums ? I've a directory one where I want to still have sticky posts but without the separation

Question: Is there any way to remove the text "sticky threads" and "normal threads"? The separation bar does all I need. Thanks.

Jeff,

Replace library/SeparateStickyAndNormal/Listener.php with the below file.

Bear in mind, though, that any updates to this add-on will overwrite these changes.

Attachments

getting an error whilst doing a search..

Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: stickyThreads in /home/myuser/public_html/library/SeparateStickyAndNormal/Listener.php on line 7

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in SeparateStickyAndNormal/Listener.php at line 7
    SeparateStickyAndNormal_Listener::templateHook()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in Waindigo/ThreadThumbnails/Search/DataHandler/Thread.php at line 65
    Waindigo_ThreadThumbnails_Search_DataHandler_Thread->renderResult() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Search.php at line 16
    XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Search::renderSearchResults() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Search/Results.php at line 9
    XenForo_ViewPublic_Search_Results->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/myuser/public_html/index.php at line 13

The attached version is improved over the original.

The above error shouldn't happen (it now includes a check to see if the "stickyThreads" parameter actually contains data, if it doesn't, nothing happens, therefore no error).

I've also made it compatible with my Add-On Installer.

I've also tidied up the code and removed the unnecessary "Activate Add-on" option. If you don't want the add-on to function any more, disable it in the Admin CP or uninstall it.

Works like a charm so far Chris, thanks! :) (can always count on Chris to fix others work and make amazing stuff himself)

Top Bottom