Resource icon

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads (XF +2.x) by Xon 2.0.3

No permission to download
I am almost certain I have the XON version of this (2.0.0) but now its taking 2.0.2 as a new installation versus an upgrade... am I losing it a little? I know I've been out of touch for a few months while moving....but I didn't think that bad lol

I haven't changed the add-on id for this add-on, and it would only upgrade the XF1 version's add-on id

You need to add css to extra.less targeting the classes structItemContainer-group--sticky-block and structItemContainer-group--normal-block

Seems this displays "Normal Threads" even when there are no sticky threads.
Is there a way to disable it from showing if there are only normal threads?

You need to add css to extra.less targeting the classes structItemContainer-group--sticky-block and structItemContainer-group--normal-block
Thanks for that, it resolved my first issue.

I need to go a step further though, I need to lighten the bg color slightly on the sticky threads, and/or make them collapsable so we could collapse the sticky threads.

Using the extras.less helped tremendously, but from what I can tell there is no designation between the bg on sticky threads versus the typical style properties of the color bgs.

Thoughts?

I need to go a step further though, I need to lighten the bg color slightly on the sticky threads,
CSS:
.structItemContainer-group--sticky {
    background-color: lighten(@xf-contentBg, 10%);
}
Change the percentage to change the amount of brightness. Change lighten to darken to make it darker. Tying it to @xf-contentBg ensures that if you change your background color, your darkened color will automatically render (thanks to LESS).

Another way to do this is to use a partially transparent background color:
CSS:
    background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
}
Adjust the alpha value (0.3) to any value between 0 (0% and 1.00 (100%) to adjust how much you want to lighten the background. Likewise, use black (rgba( 0, 0, 0, 0.3)) to darken.

This will work on the default XenForo theme. But for third party themes that use alternating backgrounds on each thread in the list (like the ThemeHouse theme I am using), it will not change the alternate background color of those.

FYI--I don't use this add-on. Instead, I reference the same CSS element and create a thicker bottom border. I didn't need the "normal" / "sticky" phrases or any other features to get what I wanted.

Code:
      border-bottom: 3px solid @xf-borderColorFaint ;
}

CSS:
    background-color: lighten(@xf-contentBg, 10%);
}
Change the percentage to change the amount of brightness. Change lighten to darken to make it darker. Tying it to @xf-contentBg ensures that if you change your background color, your darkened color will automatically render (thanks to LESS).

Another way to do this is to use a partially transparent background color:
CSS:
    background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
}
Adjust the alpha value (0.3) to any value between 0 (0% and 1.00 (100%) to adjust how much you want to lighten the background. Likewise, use black (rgba( 0, 0, 0, 0.3)) to darken.

This will work on the default XenForo theme. But for third party themes that use alternating backgrounds on each thread in the list (like the ThemeHouse theme I am using), it will not change the alternate background color of those.

FYI--I don't use this add-on. Instead, I reference the same CSS element and create a thicker bottom border. I didn't need the "normal" / "sticky" phrases or any other features to get what I wanted.

Code:
}
My god, this is beautiful. Yes I disabled the addon. I was just trying to make it visually different but this just separated them. Not knocking the addon because it works but i'm a stickler for using the fewest addons I can.

By the way, using @xf-contentBg is brilliant instead of a static color. Thank you!!

I agree, it's a nice add-on, and I have used it in the past. In addition, a third party theme we are using has its own stick/normal separator. But that one was too cluttered for me. All we wanted was a way to divide them, and this colored bottom border seemed to be easier to configure.

Reactions: Xon
i'm a stickler for using the fewest addons I can.
I can understand that, I don't use this one in all the sites I sysadmin because a version has been built into the style.

A couple of the sites I sysadmin have +40 or +80 add-on's each, so what is one more?

I have an insane amount of addons myself lol -- so I am looking at this and I do have your addon:

[SC] Separate Sticky Threads 2.0.0

This add-on allow you to separate your sticky and normal threads.
Developer: SyTry
Support
XenForo
Xon

When I go to update to 2.0.3 it's acting like it's a new install -- is that supposed to happen? I am going to play with the
Code:
}
in extra.less but I kinda like the font awesome icons.

Thanks!

Something like this will let you target the normal/stick text block;
Less:
.structItemContainer-group.structItemContainer-group--normal-block,
.structItemContainer-group.structItemContainer-group--sticky-block
{
    color: red;
}

Seems this displays "Normal Threads" even when there are no sticky threads.
Is there a way to disable it from showing if there are only normal threads?
I'm also looking for a way to do that.

@Xon can this be done with some sort of extra.less entry or a conditional before the Normal Threads? or would it require an extension of your addon?

Top Bottom