1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SchmitzIT] Retro50 Series by Lykke Schmitz / SchmitzIT

Discussion in 'Styles [Archive]' started by Lykke, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

I am done creating my new skin ~ The Retro50 Series.

I made them visible on our forum www.schmitzit.com/forums were you can choose the different styles in the forum chooser at the bottom of the forum and play around.

The style is now available for free download - just right click and safe the .zip of the style you want.

The style is a very light - some might think very female - style - with not too much 'noise' around. The colours are kept in dusted retro colors - except for the PinkLady which is really ... Pink :D - If you need a more Rosa colored pink, you can choose PinkLady's Mom, where the color is much more toned down.

How to get the style:
    1. Save the zip-file with the style you choose
    2. Extract the Retro50 zip-file to a local drive
    3. Upload the “Retro50” folder from the zip-file to your forum's styles folder
    4. Import the xml file in the zip-folder into your admin CP's Appearance / styles
    It is OK to
    • Use the style freely
    • Adjust the forum style to your site, needs and design – as long as you keep the copyright notice at the bottom right (Style Retro50© 2011 SchmitzIT). This also includes changes in the templates and CSS.
    • Credit yourself with your adjustments, as long as you keep the copyright notice intact. I.e. Style Retro50© 2011 SchmitzIT - adjusted by YOU
    It is NOT OK to
    • Distribute the style without explicit permission
    • Remove the copyright notice without a copyright license (prices below)
    • Convert the style to other forum platforms without permission
    • Copy the style without permission
    How to remove the copyright notice
    The style contains a copyright message. If you wish to remove the message it will cost you 20 USD for one color, 35 USD for 2 colors and 50 USD for all 5 colors.

Please pay through Paypal to: peter@schmitzit.com with a description of what you bought.

If you need help, do not hesitate asking.

Hope you like it and I appreciate all feed-back on Retro50 =)

The Retro50 Series:
    • GreenWelvet
    • ConstructionBoom
    • Submarine
    • HotTinRoof
    • PinkLady
    • PinkLady's Mom

Attached Files:

Perspektif, bousaid, eod and 6 others like this.
  2. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

Very nice and light skins.

Did you forgot to color the links in the widgets on the right side in the PinkLady's style?
    SchmitzIT and Lykke like this.
  3. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Thanks Captain :)

No, I found the very pink color was not good in the boxes there. So I made them grey instead. Can be changed, of course, if someone wish to have the pink - but both Pink and her Mom has colors which is hard to read on white (I chose to have it a few places though).
  4. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

Ok, I think you are right with your decision. I was just wondering :)
    Lykke likes this.
  5. Reedswood

Reedswood Member

lovely, light, and clean...nice work, Lykke! :)
    Lykke likes this.
  6. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Thanks Reedswood :) I know it's special - but that was the purpose. I wanted to think a little more 'out of the box' than usually lol I hope one of my next styles can be even more 'odd' :D (don't worry will make some 'normal ones' in between too =))
  7. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

We updated the forum with Portal - so you can now see the styles function with this great add-on too.

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

VERY nice work
    Lykke likes this.
  9. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Thanks Peggy :)
  10. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

First post updated with Zip-files to the Retro50 Series styles =)