s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
Interestingly, WordPress is able to fetch the content from tweet when I try to embed it there. So some elements of oembed or their api are still working.

1702741464924.webp

It's the same issue. It said "Loading tweet..." earlier but it's the same thing, I updated the code to more accurately describe the error.

Yeah, most of the functionality seems to be back online, although the tweet I posted earlier still doesn't show here for some reason. (the link just disappears) Probably some other service waiting to catch up.

Code:
https://twitter.com/XenForo/status/1730583183979143249

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@JoshyPHP threads.net support apparently doesn't like if a "." is part of the username which is apparently allowed.

The example I've been given is:
https://www.threads.net/@britain.elects/post/CwpU1kGIljY?hl=en-gb

All of the DNS records have disappeared so it's possible they are discontinuing the widget. I'm not an Amazon affiliate so I don't have access to their documentation but if you are then you might find an answer there: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/welcome/links
You nailed it. I just found this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On December 1, 2023, two of the SiteStripe features “Image” and “Text+Image” will no longer be available. Links created on your site using Image and Text+Image will stop working December 31, 2023. Please remove them from your content as soon as possible if you have not already done so to avoid broken images on your site. Please note that standard text links from SiteStripe will continue to be available and work appropriately.

Reactions: cwe
Yeah, I'll have to remove the media site, or at least replace the embed with a text link.

In the meantime, check out the add-on's option and enable the one that says Add a link to Amazon product embeds It will show a clickable logo rather than an error message.

Yeah, I'll have to remove the media site, or at least replace the embed with a text link.

In the meantime, check out the add-on's option and enable the one that says Add a link to Amazon product embeds It will show a clickable logo rather than an error message.
I have had this option set but I don't see how it's working.

Anyone else notice that links from Reddit seem to be broken again? They won't auto embed. Just displays a link.

Those are short links, which need to be resolved to their canonical form by your server. It works fine on my computer but it's possible your server is having issues contacting Reddit's servers, or they are on a network that's being blocked because it's associated with robots/spammers.

Open the short link in a browser then post the page's real URL directly to your forums, that way your server won't have to resolve it.

Top Bottom