s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Ok, so just to be sure... with the way that the bbcode addon munges the post, would be possible to have the Amazon Parser add-on be responsible for adding the affiliate link and then bbcode addon embedding the photo?

Nevermind... did some of my own testing and here are the results:

Direct Link to Product
Fail: s9e without tag and Amazon Parser with tag = s9e embedded image but no affiliate tag was added
Success: s9e with tag and Amazon Parser with tag = s9e embedded image and affiliate tag was added

Link to Amazon search results
Success: s9e with tag and Amazon Parser with tag = Affiliate tag was added and basic URL was displayed

Oh, and the deferred loading pages with a ton of youtube links is nice. We have a couple of threads where people post nothing but youtube and vevo links focused on different genres of music as well as a music game and after having just upgraded to the latest version, the pages can be a bit jerky as the video players are embedded, but the responsiveness of the page overall is significantly improved.

Hope the donation helps you enjoy a beer or pizza or whatever keeps you going ;)

I installed @AndyB's Amazon parser to see how it works with this add-on. It only replaces normal links that use the URL BBCode, so it any product link that is supported by this add-on should display the embedded widget normally, regardless of the order you installed the add-ons. Just make sure you configure your affiliate tag for both add-ons, in their respective Options page.

Thanks for the donation, it's much appreciated. :)

That matches up with my testing... now you just need to put out an add-on that does this for other common sites that are popular for affiliate codes :)

Would be great to see something that could embed pics for places like e-bay, overstock, etc.

I've been focusing on getting my site add-ons and basic management tasks as well as migrating my beta site to my live site (hopefully in the next week) and only just started scratching the surface of the affiliate world.

Discovered "vigilink" but not sure I like the scope of links that it can embed that could be disruptive to the actual content when there isn't a specific product being referenced.

@JoshyPHP Is there any way you can include Mediafire? They recently changed their site so videos/media can be directly played from a link. I have a Pro account. Please check it out! :)

@JoshyPHP Is there any way you can include Mediafire? They recently changed their site so videos/media can be directly played from a link. I have a Pro account. Please check it out! :)
It would behelpful, as per the resource description, if you could provide some links:

How to request a media site

If there is a media site that you would want to see in this pack, you can request it in this thread and it will be considered for inclusion. Selection may depend on the site's popularity, Alexa rank and activity on social sites. Please post a few links as examples of the kind of links that should be supported. You do not need to post the embed code, only links to the content you want to embed.

;)

@zoldos It can be embedded but users on mobile won't see a thing. MediaFire was supposed to support HTM5 according to this article but I guess it doesn't apply here.

I'm unsure about whether MediaFire allow their videos to be embedded though. Their "Share" section only features links, not an embeddable player. Their player can technically be embedded but that doesn't necessarily mean that they allow it. There's nothing in their documentation about embedding.

If I add support for MediaFire, I need a URL to use in this list. Can I use the one you posted?

GettyImages. I try insert any picture but see error
Code:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/rain-royalty-free-image/154961678

Incorrect or invalid URL
The embed code URL is incorrect or invalid.
Check to ensure it was copied correctly, and try again.

Please, check.

I'm seeing this same error with Getty Images, using the example URL on github:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...-the-west-country-for-some-news-photo/3232182

getty-images-error.png

The media tag looks like this:

Code:
[MEDIA=getty]et=swpB8z6MRiNeENSxgRBKJw;height=399;id=3232182;sig=f71gRO4_mpB08OdsPMd_jp9mLqnkN3bXRM-7HMVmurQ%3D;width=594[/MEDIA]

Am I doing something wrong or have getty changed something?

Edit: Getty is giving a 400 Bad Request when trying to load the image.

Code:
GET http://embed.gettyimages.com/embed/3232182?et=qNZ_25POSu1bQ5fh1lGqRQ&similar=on&sig=-X2Tn70sWANUonEcFhRp0DkSpZ3csUy9PcH9Skuq3HQ=

Last edited:
Sure, you can use it. What code can I use to "test" it on my site?
You'd have to create a media site for it. I'll try to post the definition here if I don't add it to the add-on, time allowing.

Am I doing something wrong or have getty changed something?
Getty have changed something in the URL they use for embedding. I'll update the add-on to reflect this change in a moment.

NPR embed not showing/working.
It works for me but NPR uses Flash and I'm on a desktop computer. If you're on mobile or if you have an extension that blocks Flash you may not see it.

Top Bottom