s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I don't know what "bdcache AMP" is and if its purpose is to provide a AMP version of a page, I don't think it should be other add-ons' responsibility to change their output to accomodate it. Instead, the AMP add-on should post-process the page and replace iframes with whatever proprietary markup AMP uses.

For reference, YouTube videos displayed with this add-on can be found using the [data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube"] CSS selector, which will point to the iframe's wrapper.

Hi @JoshyPHP, I've noticed that the wrong date often appears in Google SERPS next to my forum threads.

After looking around a few articles on the subject it seems that this problem usually occurs when there is a YouTube video embedded in the page, and Google crawls the page and takes the date from when the video was originally uploaded.

However, the video embedded on the page in question was uploaded only yesterday so I'm wondering is there anything in the s9e addon that might be responsible for the erroneous date in Google search results?

For example, have a look at this screenshot (it's enough of a bummer that my forum appears only 5th and 6th in SERPS for the search term "cardiff city forum" never mind giving the wrong date! :) )

google_wrong_date.webp

I really hope you're able to offer some advice for this because I have no idea what could be causing it. I even looked through the source code of that thread and found no mention of the date 16 Oct 2017 so where Google is getting that date from I do not know.

Link to the thread in question: https://onlyonecardiff.city/threads/josh-murphy-welcome-to-cardiff-city-2017-18-compilation.4249/

Last edited:
I have no idea about that. You should look for meta tags that would indicate when the thread was created. I'd try prefixing the thread's title with "June 2018" just to see if it does anything.

Try your luck in the general support forum or maybe SEO places.

What I'd recommend, though is to simply edit the XenForo option for media link and add a CENTER BBCode to it. Obviously it won't apply to old posts but it's more future proof than CSS hacks.

that sounds good to me. sorry to be a pain, but where is that media link code? i don't see it in the s9e options or in the bbcodes in the admin cp. thanks for the help!

It's in XenForo's admin panel, you can change the code used to add the original link. I just added "center" BBCodes around it.

Code:
Auto-embed media, and add a link to the content within this BB code:

[center][i][size=2][url={$url}]View: {$url}[/url][/size][/i][/center]

It's in XenForo's admin panel, you can change the code used to add the original link. I just added "center" BBCodes around it.

Code:
Auto-embed media, and add a link to the content within this BB code:

[center][i][size=2][url={$url}]View: {$url}[/url][/size][/i][/center]

ah i see. specifically, it's under admincp > options > messages. thank you!

@limboclub I addressed it a few posts ago.
I looked into it but the site doesn't seem to have a big reach and the way Spreaker embeds work, it's a bit more complicated (and add to the ongoing maintenance cost) than an average site so I'm going to decline, sorry.

If you want to commission the development of a custom add-on for Spreaker (or any other website) you can send me a direct message and I'll walk you through it.

Please, add Yandex.Music support.

I tried a few links but it seems that the site is restricted to users from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan. (based on what Google Translate allows me to understand)

To add support for Yandex.Music I would have to use both a VPN and a translator, which makes it rather difficult. If Yandex.Music is important to your site and you'd want to sponsor its addition by paying for the development you can send me a direct message, otherwise I'd suggest you ask in the Russian-speaking XenForo community. Judging by the URLs, I believe that a programmer who speaks the language and can access the site directly would be able to make it for free.

Seeing an issue today with instagram embeds being cut off at the bottom. Can reproduce on Chrome and Safari on iOS and MacOS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom