s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I don't think you can position the link in relation to the element that precedes it. The closest you can achieve is to center both the embed and the link by adding something like this to your EXTRA.css template:

CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed] {
    display: block !important;
    margin:  0 auto;
}
[data-s9e-mediaembed]+i {
    display:    block;
    text-align: center;
    width:      100%;
}

I don't think you can position the link in relation to the element that precedes it. The closest you can achieve is to center both the embed and the link by adding something like this to your EXTRA.css template:

CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed] {
    display: block !important;
    margin:  0 auto;
}
[data-s9e-mediaembed]+i {
}

i'm okay with centering both the embed and the link, the reason i started looking into this in the first place was because i'd already centered most embeds, but the link is justified:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.05.24-15-12-44.webp

i tried using your css but for some reason i just can't get things to center using the margin: auto option (im using UI.X Dark theme). I've gotten the images/media embeds to center using:

Code:
.messageContent .messageText img, .messageText iframe, .messageText object, .messageText embed {
    max-width: 80%;
    margin-left: 10%;
    margin-right: 10%;
    }

but as you can see, it doesn't apply to the link text below the embed. is the [data-s9e-mediaembed] a css selector or are you just using that as a placeholder? sorry im still learning css and mine isn't the best :P

Users started complaining today about Twitter embeds not loading properly (bug report thread). I can't reproduce the issue, but enough users are reporting it that I am inclined to believe them. :)

A user sent this photo of his screen where an embedded tweet shows just fine for me:
Screenshot%202018-05-25%2013.11.03.png

Any known issue right now? I am using the latest version of the add-on.

Users started complaining today about Twitter embeds not loading properly (bug report thread). I can't reproduce the issue, but enough users are reporting it that I am inclined to believe them. :)

A user sent this photo of his screen where an embedded tweet shows just fine for me:
Screenshot%202018-05-25%2013.11.03.png

Any known issue right now? I am using the latest version of the add-on.
I saw a similar issue about a month ago that was caused by use of an adblocker.

Update: Users are reporting the issue has resolved itself. Would be interesting to know what was up with that.

That's a network error so I assume it was a small network outage at GitHub or somewhere in the pipes between those users and GitHub. Their status page mentions similar reports before 19:27 CEST that were fixed at 19:44 CEST.

Last edited:
Has this has been requested; Spreaker.

I looked into it but the site doesn't seem to have a big reach and the way Spreaker embeds work, it's a bit more complicated (and add to the ongoing maintenance cost) than an average site so I'm going to decline, sorry.

@JoshyPHP did you get a chance to look at that link?

I tried it earlier but the page requires an account. Do you have a public page?

You need a different selector, e.g.
CSS:
[data-s9e-mediaembed]+br+i>span[style^="font-size"] {
}

What I'd recommend, though is to simply edit the XenForo option for media link and add a CENTER BBCode to it. Obviously it won't apply to old posts but it's more future proof than CSS hacks.

I looked into it but the site doesn't seem to have a big reach and the way Spreaker embeds work, it's a bit more complicated (and add to the ongoing maintenance cost) than an average site so I'm going to decline, sorry.

Thank you for looking into it... and thank you for the great job with this.

Top Bottom