s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
btw youtube video embeds seem very fast after the latest update as you indicated!

Yes, the minimal UI seems faster to load. It's slower to start though, so it's a trade-off. By the way, if you want to try the new lazy-loader I've already updated the file.

Is it possible to get Sky Sports highlights videos embedded? For example: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11007243/cardiff-2-1-qpr

They don't seem to offer an option to embed their content, so I guess not.

Attachments

By the way, I'm experimenting with a new lazy-loader. If anyone's interested, I'll attach the archive here. Depending on feedback I'll release it as a separate add-on. If you install it, make sure to disable this add-on's lazy loading by setting looking for the s9e_lazy_loading option in your admin panel and set it to "Load embedded content immediately" and not "Defer loading embedded content until it's visible (experimental)"

The new add-on has no settings or options. Pinging @Rambro because he seemed interested in loading times.
uploading now. thanks for thinking of us. does the lazy loader work for images using the ATTACH tag as well or only for IMG links?

Last edited:
Is the second attachment addon file different from the first one? i installed the first one. is second one an updated version? :P

uploading now. thanks for thinking of us. does the lazy loader work for images using the ATTACH tag as well or only for IMG links?

It's only for media sites from this add-on. It's not meant for images.

Is the second attachment addon file different from the first one? i installed the first one. is second one an updated version? :p

The second one is the update (v1.0.1) but I think I edited the first post too so they contain the same version. Either way, the latest version should be v1.0.1.

Who? If you're talking about end users, you do it normally by uploading the new version or by using an add-on that automatically installs updates.

@colcar The BBC News site is a mess and you didn't bother to post any URL so I've got half a mind to simply ignore it. Maybe if you use more than 5 words to describe your issue I'll reconsider.

I've tried a dozen different pages from the BBC News video section and it would appear that BBC News have quietly disabled embedding their video. Either that or their site is broken.

Last edited:
Or you can try to present it in a constructive manner by including some information about your issue rather than just say "it doesn't work." That's the difference between valuable feedback and just noise.

I disabled BBC on my domain. Not sure if it was the embed code issue. But noticed that their site still runs on HTTP and I just assumed that they were sending embed code over HTTP as well which was a problem on my board. They do have plans to switchover to HTTPS eventually and are gradually rolling out support. But good to know that they do not have a reliable embedding program.

@JoshyPHP Latest s9 version, Latest XenForo, Facebook video embeds don't seem to be working suddenly, returning blank white space.

No changes made on the system, nothing updated. Just stopped working today.

Tried on two different XF sites.

How do you mean they are blocking embeds? I can embed videos manually just fine - this one is off my timeline

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool! Sometimes it is better to keep calm and wait and see. Videos were for sure not showing up when I wrote the message above. Now all my tries embed and show the videos just fine. Must have been a temp. problem on Facebook's side...

Top Bottom