s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
This s9 pack broke this:

[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials

s9 replaced the WMTech YT addon custom media site bbcode.

When I excluded "youtube" in s9 options, the embed didn't work at all. It only showed a link. The WMtech embed functionality didn't work.

I had to uninstall s9, then re-install WMtech add-on.

Can I have both somehow?

Otherwise great add-on.

It's maintained between updates. The reason you had to reinstall the other add-on is because when you exclude a site it removes the definition from this add-on but it cannot restore definitions from other add-ons.

It doesn't seem to have any presence on the net. Did some of your users ask for it?
Nope. But I do not think the videos had a direct link before. So not many links in the wild right now. I just mention the popular services here which adds support for embedding content... WordPress is quite popular but VideoPress is probably not because it charges for something that YouTube etc. offers for free. So no issues! :)

I've just realized that emails from XenForo were stuck somewhere in my mail pipeline, sowwy. :( Catching up with old posts!

Nope. But I do not think the videos had a direct link before. So not many links in the wild right now. I just mention the popular services here which adds support for embedding content... WordPress is quite popular but VideoPress is probably not because it charges for something that YouTube etc. offers for free. So no issues! :)

Alright. Generally I wait for sites to have real organic traffic before adding them.

One of the best add-ons I've seen yet! Will this be compatible with 1.5? #Prays

Thanks. Unless XenForo 1.5 is completely different from 1.4 it'll be supported on day 1 of its release. I've just upgraded my test board to XenForo 1.5 Beta 2.

@JoshyPHP Any chance of getting Vox videos to work or are they just embedded in the pages themselves? My gut says no on this one.

There's a simple way to end gerrymandering. Too bad Congress made it illegal.

The problem with Vox is that they don't provide a URL for the video, only the whole article. Their player does provide a slightly different URL in Share > Share this video, though. I'll look into it later.

How can I add Google Maps to this, so I can embed a map ?

No, Google Maps are particularly difficult to support. They'd need a different add-on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom