s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Currently I've got the 20150213 version installed. Just tried to upgrade to 20150223 using the Addon Updater addon from ChrisD and got:

Code:
The callback class 's9e_MediaBBCodes' for option 's9e_lazy_loading' is not valid.

Any clue what that means?

The ACP says I'm still on the 0213 version, so the update didn't complete successfully.

I think it was a folder permissions issue. Had issues with some other addons as well, and when I chmod'd the folders to 0777 all the errors disappeared.

Just installed; the users LOVE all the new media sites! I just wanted to point out one quirk I noticed - there is a large space underneath Instagram embeds, as in the below screenshot. Any idea why?

IMG_5395.PNG

Just installed; the users LOVE all the new media sites! I just wanted to point out one quirk I noticed - there is a large space underneath Instagram embeds, as in the below screenshot. Any idea why?
Yes. The embed is set to the image's original size (plus Instagram's decorations.) XenForo has a CSS rule that limits the width of the iframe to 100% of its parent container but none that limits its height because there's no such thing in CSS. Basically, instead of having a 1000 × 1000 embed you get a 400 × 1000 embed with 600 px of blank space.

If you go to Home > Options > s9e Media Pack and set a non-zero value for maximum responsive width, the height will be adjusted at the same time as the width. Set it as big as you want embedded content to be on desktop screen. A value between 600 and 800 seems like a good idea.

Yes. The embed is set to the image's original size (plus Instagram's decorations.) XenForo has a CSS rule that limits the width of the iframe to 100% of its parent container but none that limits its height because there's no such thing in CSS. Basically, instead of having a 1000 × 1000 embed you get a 400 × 1000 embed with 600 px of blank space.

If you go to Home > Options > s9e Media Pack and set a non-zero value for maximum responsive width, the height will be adjusted at the same time as the width. Set it as big as you want embedded content to be on desktop screen. A value between 600 and 800 seems like a good idea.
That helped! Now I have another one for you - the same post from above, after adjusting that max width, looks as follows regardless of the value of that setting. The first line of text following the embed is covered up by the iframe:

IMG_5401.PNG

@JoshyPHP, Love your work! Excellent addon!
Is it possible to add support for playing the MP4's from http://photobucket.com/ to your addon? I now use a separate BBCode for that, but would like to make it easier for my forum members.
Thanks in advance for considering!

@Axel B I looked into it and I don't think I will add it to the add-on, sorry. Photobucket doesn't use a single identifier to access a given video and it makes it much harder to implement as a media site.

@JoshyPHP, Thank you for looking into it :) Been searching the Xenforo site for a couple of hours, but also cannot find something on how to create a BBCode for the Photobucket videos. It cannot be helped then ;)

Twitter's videos don't have a specific URL. You can embed them as part of the original tweet, but if you want the video alone you'd need to create a BBCode for it.

@JoshyPHP Could the deferred option have any effect inside the editor? I've noticed a slight slowdown in text input the past week or so.

Save that possibility, I can now load my media heavy pages without causing "script unresponsive" errors in Firefox, so that's a definite plus.

Top Bottom