s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
@JoshyPHP I've had a request for www.movie-sounds.org. They look like straight mp3 clips played back through a simple interface. Can you work your magic with this one?
Technically it's not difficult to link the MP3 file in a HTML5 audio player but since they don't readily provide a way to embed their player I don't think we have the permission to hotlink their file.

is there a way to come on a ebay article image? A link only looks realy ... ugly. ;)
I haven't had time to research a better solution for eBay. At this point, I'd recommend you look for a specialized add-on. I know there's at least one add-on that does some eBay stuff here but I don't know if it embeds eBay items. If there's another add-on that can replace the now-defunct "eBay ToGo" widget, I'll try to provide an upgrade path for a smooth transition.

Last edited:
Hello, you can add mail.ru to the Media BBCodes Pack? :).

Thank you! ;).
Why do people never read the overview...

How to request a media site

If there's a media site that you would want to see in this pack, you can request it in this thread and it will be considered for inclusion. Selection may depend on the site's popularity, Alexa rank and activity on social sites. Please post a few links as examples of the kind of links that should be supported. You do not need to post the embed code, only links to the content you want to embed.

Just wanted to say thanks again for adding in the Blocklist, especially now that you're adding in all these specialized sites. Makes every upgrade SO much easier on me.

By the way, would you mind describing to me how you use the blocklist? For instance: how big it is, how you determine which sites you put in it and why, etc... Do you block a lot of sites so that you only install a few of them? If so, why? The number of sites installed does not appear to affect performance or resource usage noticeably. Is that to preserve some media sites that you created yourself or that you installed via another add-on?

That would help me plan the next iteration of this add-on.

By the way, would you mind describing to me how you use the blocklist? For instance: how big it is, how you determine which sites you put in it and why, etc... Do you block a lot of sites so that you only install a few of them? If so, why? The number of sites installed does not appear to affect performance or resource usage noticeably. Is that to preserve some media sites that you created yourself or that you installed via another add-on?

That would help me plan the next iteration of this add-on.
I'm not sure what this blocklist is but currently I use your online configurator so I can install just the media sites I require (Gamespot, Gametrailers, IGN, Twitch, Ustream). I also have the default media sites enabled. For me in any update, I'd like to be able to install only the ones I require. It keeps things simple, I don't need the others on my site. My concern is that by picking genres I'd end up with a bunch of sites I don't want to use. So some way to fine tune the granularity would be appreciated. :)

If you go in your admin panel, in "Options" then "s9e Media Pack" there's currently an option called EXCLUDE_SITES. If you put "youtube,vimeo" in the text field, it never installs or or updates YouTube or Vimeo.

The next iteration will have an option to enable groups of sites individually.
admin.webp

At the moment, I have mixed feelings about toggling each site individually. The list would be really long so it would require a custom interface, as opposed to XenForo's default checkbox interface used in the example above. I will have to research XenForo's admin options to see if that can be done efficiently.

Top Bottom