s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
Great add on! Thanks for all your work on this.

One suggestions, this mod has so many great codes that the media site list the user gets presented with is pretty massive.

Any chance it could be collapsed by default when embedding videos with an option to expand it to read the full list? Otherwise it takes over the whole screen on mobile.

upload_2016-9-22_9-58-34.webp

Maybe so it says something like

'You may embed media from the following x sites:'

With an 'Show' expand button or it just expands when you click the number. There's one here, in the media gallery. If you go to add a video and paste a url, an expand button will appear in the bottom right of the caption box.

Also, is there any performance issue with leaving most of the sites active? Or should it really be pruned down to the ones used most often on any given site?

Is it possible to have the facebook video player larger for embedding facebook live videos?

It seems they add black bars above and below the actual video on live streams for extra information, so it gets cut off when embedded.

How it looks on the forum:

upload_2016-9-22_13-16-41.webp

How it should look:

upload_2016-9-22_13-15-43.webp

seems to happen the most on mobile safari on my iPhone when I'm browsing our site. it's more rare in standard browsers like Chrome and Safari. run into it quite a bit in threads that depend heavily on your plugin for tweets such as our 2016 Election thread: https://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/2016-presidential-election-thread.164606/page-121

If Safari has an error console, check out if there's any error message that could be related. That would be a clue.

Also, check out the admin panel and go to Options > s9e Media Pack and select "Defer loading embedded content until it's visible" if you haven't already. That should help those tweet-heavy pages.

Could you please implement Spotify embeds and Apple Music ones too?

Spotify should already be supported. I'm not aware of an embedded Apple Music player. Do you have a link for something like that?

Any chance it could be collapsed by default when embedding videos with an option to expand it to read the full list?

Yeah, the size of the list is a concern. I don't know whether this should be implemented as part of the XenForo style instead. I'll think about it

Also, is there any performance issue with leaving most of the sites active? Or should it really be pruned down to the ones used most often on any given site?

Not really. It'll cost you a couple of milliseconds at posting time but the number of media sites enabled should not affect the thread page.

Is it possible to have the facebook video player larger for embedding facebook live videos?

I don't know about that. Do you have a link that I can use to test on my local board?

I think the media pack may have broken the the various video embeds in Sonnb's XenGallery, at least Youtube.

You can see what it should look like by clicking on a video in this link, and overlay will appear that stretches the video to fill the screen. On the dedicated media page it gets resized too.

But on my site the video is now the normal small size and off center.

Could it be that the code changed the way the media is embedded and so it's not be styled correctly anymore?

When I deactivate your add on it stays broken, I guess because the media codes have been updated and don't get reverted?

What's the best way you recommend of sorting this? (if that is the problem)

Impossible to tell without a link to an actual video.

I have sonnb XenGallery installed on my local board but I don't remember how to post a video. If you can point me to the instructions I'll try to reproduce it locally.

@OperaManiac Yeah, that's just Imgur being Imgur. You can try sending them an email about it but in my experience they don't read them, don't reply to them, don't care about them or all of the above.

If you want to remove Imgur forever, go to the add-on's options, look for "Excluded sites" and add "imgur" to the list.

If Safari has an error console, check out if there's any error message that could be related. That would be a clue.

Also, check out the admin panel and go to Options > s9e Media Pack and select "Defer loading embedded content until it's visible" if you haven't already. That should help those tweet-heavy pages.

I'll check the error console. Interestingly, enabling the option to defer the content caused all of the tweets to get cut off in Chrome for Mac. Who knows. It isn't a huge deal, overall it's a great add on.

@GoodForAnother That's weird so I checked your site. Apparently Cloudflare modifies the JavaScript in that page in ways that may not be compatible. That's probably the reason it doesn't always resize.

Thanks for the tip. It was indeed the Rocket Loader option on Cloudflare, I disabled that and enabled the Defer loading option and now it's working great. Thanks for your assistance.

I don't know, both work for me on my test board. If you post the URLs that don't work for you I'll take a look.

Top Bottom