s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Updated Facebook

In this update, Facebook links to /videos/ URLs will be displayed as a standalone video player, without the original post.

If you want to embed a video and its original post, add the media then remove the "type=video" part of the BBCode:

Code:
[MEDIA=facebook]id=10153762113196633;type=video[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=facebook]id=10153762113196633;[/MEDIA][MEDIA=facebook]10153762113196633[/MEDIA]

Read the rest of this update entry...

Facebook video in the media gallery look oddly sizedcompared to Youtube, does that have anything to do with this add on or its settings?

The latest update supports embedding the video alone, without its original post. It's not retroactive, though, so Facebook videos in your gallery will still be displayed as Facebook posts unless you edit and re-save the media.

Alternatively, if you never embed Facebook posts you can add Facebook to the add-on's list of excluded sites then manually add a media site definition that works better with your gallery.

@JoshyPHP you are a godsend. Thank you very much for all of your work. I would like to ask one thing though, are the embeds designed via custom CSS or do they come with their own design? Like if I embed Facebook, does Facebook have an embed design already or you designed it on your own?

@JoshyPHP i was trying to embed a NYT video of this poor ******* getting tazed to death and its giving me errors:

http://nyti.ms/1rYOozL

here is the iframe code from the video:

<iframe title="New York Times Video - Embed Player" width="480" height="321" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="true" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" id="nyt_video_player" src="http://graphics8.nytimes.com/video/players/offsite/index.html?videoId=100000004423646"></iframe>

this link works though: http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100...atally-tasered-while-handcuffed.html?src=vidm

@Rambro Yeah, there's no support for New York Times's short links redirector. I don't systematically add support for short links because they are cumbersome to test and maintain. Are those short links widely used?

@Rambro Yeah, there's no support for New York Times's short links redirector. I don't systematically add support for short links because they are cumbersome to test and maintain. Are those short links widely used?
Honestly I have no idea. I just try to report in when things don't work. The members on the forum don't use news videos much. I actually backed into that error accidentally.

@Rambro I'll think about adding support for the New York Times redirector. It depends on how much of a bother it is really.

@RoyalRumble That's the first I hear about Apester and they don't seem to have a big footprint on social media. I'll have to decline, sorry.

@Rambro I'll think about adding support for the New York Times redirector. It depends on how much of a bother it is really.

@RoyalRumble That's the first I hear about Apester and they don't seem to have a big footprint on social media. I'll have to decline, sorry.

No worries, thank you for considering - it's growing pretty quick - some huge publishers have started using it - two quick examples - UK The Telegraph , Express , Independent , Evening Standard and USA, AOL (Examples: One, two and three), huffingtonpost.com, Fox Sports

Even likes of techradar and virgin

They regularly tweet were their media is embed so you can see they're pretty big.

Some background info here and here - maybe one to keep an eye on?

Last edited:
I continue to have problems with tweets not loading, or only 1/2 loading for some users.

What can I do to solve this problem?

@RoyalRumble I'll reconsider if I see it become popular, but that seems like a tool for publishers rather than something that thrives on users' participation. I'm not even sure Apester provides an URL for users to share on forums directly, that's why I would probably recommend creating your own custom BBCode or media site.

@Temery Gather as much information as possible: device, operating system, browser's name and version, the page it occurs on and any error shown in the browser's JavaScript console.

@JoshyPHP
Probably this has been discussed before, but I did not find it in the 122 pages.

Facebook Albums
I do have two issues and of course your addon is limited to the API of Facebook - but maybe you can change something:
  1. Trying to add a Facebook album (not a post with several photos, but an photo album) with the link of the wallpaper post of that album, shows only the first image without its description. If the first photo is in vertical format, then wide black borders are left and right from the photo. It would be more nice, to have the embedding displayed with 3 photos and description like Facebook itselfs shows albums at wallpapers.
  2. While testing, albums give often the following error when using that link of 1.)
    This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed.
    The settings of these albums should be the same as always, but it seems scheduled (date of publication) albums and older (?) albums seem to have that issue, although they can be seen normally in the wallpaper.
  3. Trying to add a Facebook album (not a post with several photos, but an album) with the link, which opens the album itself, just ends as link when added to forums, there's no embedding.
Can something be improved with these issues?

Once again thank you for this awesome addon!

Top Bottom