Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

No permission to download
hi, first off this is an awesome addon, thank you so much.

when i used vb3, i made share icons to. when using my mod, actually im having an issue with pinterest. with mine, when you click to share with pinterest.
it gave me a choice to pin any image that was posted in my thread. but for some reason with your mod, i click pin button and all it wants to do is share the default xenforo image logo.og. is this normal?

i would really like to pin the images in my thread.

thanks mate.

This resource uses simple url sharing and no external scripts are loaded as part of the page load, as such Pintrest will not scrape any content for images. You would need to use the native Pintrest button that can be created using their Widget Builder for that functionality.

As per resource description:
Note: This add-on will use the image set in Style Properties: Header and Navigation > Facebook Open Graph Logo for Pinterest shares so if you have not set a custom image the default XenForo image will be used.

You could also manually set the image to another image by editing the SV_rrssbShares template and changing this line to an image of your choice:

Code:
{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}

sorry mate, i really should read more into stuff. really sorry about that. and thanks for the quick reply.

atm i just changed a line of your code in the .xml and now it works the way i would like it to. was this ok to do please with your permission?
the pin button still the same, but i added this code:
Code:
<a href="javascript:void((function()%7Bvar%20e=document.createElement('script');e.setAttribute('type','text/javascript');e.setAttribute('charset','UTF-8');e.setAttribute('src','http://assets.pinterest.com/js/pinmarklet.js?r='+Math.random()*99999999);document.body.appendChild(e)%7D)());">

to get this:
pinit.webp

so far all seems cool.

edit: actually i need to find away to add the title into the code.

When I get some free time I will take a look, maybe dynamically loading of the Pintrest js when the button is pressed would be the way forward.

This add-on not showing up as desired in pages where XenPorta Pro 2 templates are being rendered, like at the following location. Is there any way to disable this add-on on these templates.

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threa...turning-to-the-sikh-community-for-food.42740/View attachment 99387 View attachment 99388

I dont have XenPorta Pro 2 to test and the link you have included in your post works fine the share buttons are showing. Im guessing you fixed the issue which looks like missing CSS in the screen shots.

This is awesome! Any ideas how I can add a label to my social buttons like share this page?

You could add back the default 'Call to action' as in this post:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...cial-sharing-buttons.90849/page-5#post-886845

Any update on the page hook, @SimonV

I'm currently working hard on releasing my first XF style so once that is completed I can turn my attention back to further development of this addon. :)

Last edited:
Great addon! But i have little issue, after activating your addon i still see default xenforo share buttons at the bottom.

Great addon! But i have little issue, after activating your addon i still see default xenforo share buttons at the bottom.

A Template Modification is used to find and replace default code in the 'thread_view' template. If you have a customised style that has modified the default code in that template this could be the reason why the default shares are still showing.

Does this happen when viewing your site with the default XenForo Style? If its fine with the default style then that would suggest its your custom style that is causing the issue. Let me know.

A Template Modification is used to find and replace default code in the 'thread_view' template. If you have a customised style that has modified the default code in that template this could be the reason why the default shares are still showing.

Does this happen when viewing your site with the default XenForo Style? If its fine with the default style then that would suggest its your custom style that is causing the issue. Let me know.

I'm using default xenforo style.

Thats not the default Xenforo style it has been customised. Maybe I wasn't clear, I meant a completely unchanged unedited default style.

If you add a new style and view the site in that new unedited style do you still get the issue? If so it could be a conflict with an addon you have installed.

Yes it works on default style

OK so at least you know that the issue is with your customised style, the template in question that will be causing the issue is the 'thread_view' template.

If you post you 'thread_view' template here I can see whats going on and maybe fix the issue.

Top Bottom