Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

No permission to download
great addon...perfect......but.....why do i have two rows of buttons on top positionView attachment 95617 ?

Difficult to say without looking at your custom template code, if you try it on the default style what happens?

There must be something not right about your thread_view template, if you post the contents of that template maybe I can help.

Last edited:
Difficult to say without looking at your custom template code, if you try it on the default style what's happens?

There must be something not right about your thread_view tempate, if you post the contents of that template maybe I can help.

I will first try some other options. If i'm stuck i will come back to you for a solution

Yes, but do social sharing buttons actually drive any traffic? My experience says "no."

What we need are tools that report on how effective all of the "social sharing" add-ons actually are in helping to develop a forum.

This looks great! However, my members are very big on privacy. Is there any chance on a per member setting to disable / enable social network buttons?

SimonV updated Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons with a new update entry:

Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.3

V1.3 update contains the following:
  • Added an option to exclude forums
  • Added CSS to fix an issue with button display in Resource Manager
  • Added phrases to button text for easier translations (phrases begin with rrssb_button)
  • Added top button location to use template hook over template modification
  • Fixed spelling mistake in Twitter style property
  • Removed default Minimum Width setting to fix an issue where a custom style may have larger margins than the default style....

Read the rest of this update entry...

With the template hook, it's possible to display it on every page now?
I notice it does not support RM out of the box. Right now, it only hooks to the thread_view
There are 3 tabs here but the buttons only show under the Discussion tab
https://www.quantnet.com/resources/north-carolina-state-university-financial-mathematics-program.35/

Currently yes only in threads, I dont have RM to look at extending there. I may invest in it in the future but I dont have any requirement for it at the moment on my site.

I would guess it would only be needed in the 'Overview' tab? Or maybe below the title of the resource, where ideally would be the best place to include in your opinion?

I would guess it would only be needed in the 'Overview' tab? Or maybe below the title of the resource, where ideally would be the best place to include in your opinion?
I can provide access to a test forum with RM installed.
Once you get the buttons work with RM, it will work with all tabs in the RM. Ideally, it will be under the tab, just like under the discussion tab. For consistency.

SimonV updated Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons with a new update entry:

Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.3.1

V1.3.1 update contains the following:
  • Fix an issue where default share buttons on pages were removed
  • Fixed an issue where multiple bottom button instances could occur
To Update

From version 1.3 just upgrade the addon with the new XML file.

From version 1.2.2 or before re-upload the files from the upload folder and then upgrade the addon with the new XML file.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I can provide access to a test forum with RM installed.
Once you get the buttons work with RM, it will work with all tabs in the RM. Ideally, it will be under the tab, just like under the discussion tab. For consistency.

Ok, thanks for the offer I will let you know, support for pages is next on my list so after I have completed that I may be in touch.

Im not seeing the issue, all looks fine on desktop, FF and Chrome and looks fine on iPhone5 portrait and landscape.

Is it happening on a certain device or screen size?
Open Chrome Inspector and use the Mobile device inspector. Select say Google Nexus 4 or other devices.

I have a LG 4 phone and it's the same issue.
You can't resize the desktop browser since it doesn't replicate the issue.

Top Bottom