Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

No permission to download
Actually the top one shows right only if the bottom one is enabled. If I use only top one (or only bottom), it shows the same as I've posted above.

Yes, that's the strange anomaly. If you add more instances of the code it's always the final instance that doesn't display correctly so if there is only one instance that is obviously the final one.

The js seems not to be applying the classes correctly to that final instance, if you watch the code as you resize the window you will see what I mean.

@SimonV
How do I enable it on pages?
I also seem to have same issue with inconsistency with the button size when both top and bottom are enabled. On top, one button (FB) is full sized, the rest is minimalized. On bottom, FB and Twitter buttons are full sized, rest is mini.

@SimonV
How do I enable it on pages?

Currently its not part of the addon to enable on pages, I will be looking at this in a future release.

@SimonV
I also seem to have same issue with inconsistency with the button size when both top and bottom are enabled. On top, one button (FB) is full sized, the rest is minimalized. On bottom, FB and Twitter buttons are full sized, rest is mini.

Yes, as in previous posts this is a known issue and I will seek to find a fix when I have more time.

One workaround would be to add a hidden instance of the code that way the next one or two instances would work fine.

@SimonV, if set the minimum width to 500px, buttons will still show on smaller screens, but this way:

View attachment 95236

Of course, if you set a minimum with of 500px it will do that, you are saying that 500px is the minimum size it can be displayed which is larger than a mobile display.

I think I found the issue with the button text wrapping on smaller displays. It is some XF CSS conflicting with the buttons.

add this css to the SV_rrssbDefault.css template and it should fix the issue.

Code:
.share-container.clearfix {
    word-wrap: normal;
}

I'm working on an update with this fix and a few other bits.

Last edited:
I think I found the issue with the buttons not showing correctly.

add this the SV_rrssbDefault.css template and see if that fixes the issue.

Code:
.share-container.clearfix {
    word-wrap: normal;
}

I'm working on an update with this fix and a few other bits.
same result for me.
I have both top and bottom. 45% max width and 300px min width

Sorry my wording should have been better, that css should fix the button text wrapping issue as there was an xenforo css conflict. I updated my post

The button size issue seems to still be present when top and bottom is enabled but for anyone only using the one instance it will be better.

Last edited:
SimonV updated Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons with a new update entry:

Bottom Postion Option, Buffer Share and Other Improvments

V1.2 update contains code improvements plus the following:
  • Added position options for the bottom buttons location
  • Fixed an issue where the button text would wrap and the button did not resize correctly
  • Added a Buffer share button (untested)
  • Added options to set responsive maximum and minimum width CSS
  • Added phrase rrssb_email_subject for easier editing of email subject
  • Fixed an issue with medium size button icons overlapping content below buttons.
To...

Read the rest of this update entry...

As an example for the new responsive max and min settings I currently have 6 buttons enabled with a max width of 45% and a min width of 540px then in the responsive wide I have both max and min set to 100%

How did you get it to work on XF pages?
I didn't :) For now I need it only in posts.

@SimonV, now when I click on pocket I need to manually enter url. Also when clicking on Email it won't copy the url, just the thread title. As I remember in previous version this was ok.

Last edited:
Suggestion: a hover text for small button where only see the icon would be great.

Example when you hover the Pocket icon it appears the Pocket text or something similar.

UPDATE: or maybe not. Icon is enough...

SimonV updated Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons with a new update entry:

Fix bottom button missing URLs

My apologies for not fully testing the buttons, I only checked the top buttons and not the bottom.

• This update fixes an issue with missing URLs in the bottom button links.
To Update

From version 1.2 just upgrade the addon with the new XML file.

From version 1.1 re-upload the files from the upload folder and then upgrade the addon with the new XML file.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suggestion: a hover text for small button where only see the icon would be great.

Example when you hover the Pocket icon it appears the Pocket text or something similar.

UPDATE: or maybe not. Icon is enough...

Personally I think they are fine, anyone wishing to share to a certain platform would know the icons they are looking for, in my opinion. :)

Is there are way to translate buttons or are they hard coded?

The button text is part of the template "SV_rrssbShares", its fairly easy to find, it looks like this: (obviously with the name of the button).

HTML:
<span class="rrssb-text">BUTTON TEXT</span>

Top Bottom