Resource Manager Questions

The Dark Wizard

Hey guys!

I PMed mike with some questions on the RM and he told me to come ask on the forums because other users will be able to answer my questions(Hes really busy and I feel bad for PMing him any way :<).

Just had a few questions before it goes on sale.

I know that addons can make a thread but my question is can you link an existing thread to a new resource/addon/submission or what ever you call them?

Can new submissions be added to moderation for approval? If so do you need ACP level access or can a "moderator" do it?

I might have some more questions in the future but I think those are good ones for now.

Can users specify if they want their addon to be available to be downloadable without a forum account, or if they want downloads limited to certain usergroups?

Or can the admin set those options themselves?

Permissions can only be set by admins.

There are of course the usual usergroup permissions that you set globally, plus there's permissions you can set on a Category basis... but this is only to restrict who can create resources in a category:

XqYqrbY.png

There needs to be only one more addition to make an excellent Articles Manager which so many of us want.
The need is for multiple pages of the 'Overview' type.
The current tabs (apart from 'Overview' ) would need to be removed with css and replaced with pagination for the multiple pages.

RM Article.webp

Is it likely that Mike will do this?
Or should we go for a 3rd party addon?

Note. My design leaves the discussion accessible off the sidebar button.
The Download could be used to provide a pdf, or doc version. Or a brochure/ list of articles and other publications.

I do have a question, please:

I do have a list in an Excel-file with about 10000 company-names, each categorized by country and by industry-groups.

So if I create categories and subcategories in RM regarding "Country" and "Industry-Group", will it be possible to automatically upload all 10000 company-names as "Resources"?
I would like to have each company-name to be a Resource in RM, so I will have the "Resources" created and will add additional data (files, images, Links, company-avatar, etc.) for each "Resource" later.

So it will be similar to a company-directory (maybe even having the "Country" as a Prefix in the RM).

Is there a way to automagically upload all those 10000 company-names and have a "Resource" created for each one of those ?
I mean: I would not want to do this process manually, so I am wondering if there would be any way to have Resources created based on the list I have.

Would this somehow be possible via the database or via the ACP ?

Many thanks!

many thanks for your information, Brogan.
Maybe an Add-on author will be able to create something in order to make this easier.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/automatically-pull-data-into-resource-manager-xf-rm.46528/

-------------------------------

Another question, please:
is it possible to assign a "New Member" to an already existing "Resource" ?

For example: the "Resource" has been already created in January 2013, but the user is only registering in March 2013.
So I could assign the "New Member" to an already existing "Resource" and then this member can add a description, files, images, etc.

:coffee:

One tweak to the RM landing page
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/
might be to display the Discussion forum
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-releases.72/
in a Tab called "Discussion"

xenforo.landing.page.resources.webp

Mockup for erich37 :)
I suggested this because I thought it would be easy to do and not every Resource Manager will want the same Landing Page as xenforo.com's.
Some Resource Managers will only have a handful of items.

Enabling the Resource Manager landing page to display a Xenforo page would make the RM more flexible.
I added two tabs: Resource Guide and Editor's picks.

Top Bottom