Report Improvements by Xon

Report Improvements by Xon 2.18.3

No permission to download
Not currently, it has been something that has been requested but it hasn't been a priority.

I think I found a bug! I had certain moderators added as mods to just certain forums and now, after the update, they can’t see the reports anymore?

As designed, you need to ensure you've granted the "View Report Centre" permission for those moderators

As designed, you need to ensure you've granted the "View Report Centre" permission for those moderators

The problem is I don't want individual forum moderators to see all the reports just the reports in their forum. Super mods will see them all and they can now but I am talking about individual forum mods. How do I set that up like that? It was working correctly prior to this update. Thanks.

"View Report Centre" lets you see the report center, while the "View post reports" permission lets you control report viewing per-forum.

It was working correctly prior to this update.
Update from what version? This add-on has functioned this way for a long time.

I just updated to the latest version last week from an old version and now the individual forum mods can't see the reports in THEIR forum. If I allow them to in the permissions they can see them but they see ALL the reports from all the forums. They just need to see their one forum. That's how it was working before for us until this update I did.

You aren't sharing your permission configuration (or what you changed), how the moderators are setup and you haven't said what version you updated from. Without that information it is next to impossible to help you.

The functionality around moderator access hasn't changed since the very first release which adds the various 'report centre' permissions including the per forum "view post report" permission.

I know you say that but my individual forum mods could see any reports made within their forum and now they can't.

In the past when I would add a moderator, NOT A SUPERMOD, to a forum to moderate one specific forum and there was a report in that forum they would see that report and not the reports from all the other forum. When I updated to Report Improvements 2.4.9 I started getting private messages from those mods saying they couldn't see the reports anymore. They can see the moderating link but not reports.

I don't know what else to tell you but it was working and now it's not.

I've already told you what permissions you need to ensure you've granted for each moderator.

When you make someone a moderator, ensure they have the global "View Report Centre" permission and then the per-forum "View post reports" permission for the relevant forum.

Without additional information, I simple can't tell why these permissions haven't been assigned as expected.

WOW I finally found the issue thanks! Crazy that it was working and then when I updated the add on I had to go back and edit the permissions again for old mods.

Anyway thank you and let's talk about how much it would cost to get the ability to edit in the reports please! Let me know the cost we want it!

Top Bottom