Report Improvements by Xon

Report Improvements by Xon 2.18.3

No permission to download
Hello! Sorry, I can't found info about this, maybe couldn't see..
Could your addon change content status to "moderate" or maybe hide content after x reports from different users?

Hello! Sorry, I can't found info about this, maybe couldn't see..
Could your addon change content status to "moderate" or maybe hide content after x reports from different users?
I have a paid add-on which does this;

@Xon, It would a nice feature to have the report function disabled for a post that got x number of reports. In my forum, I get bombarded with many reports from different users reporting one post. It is kind of annoying to go around every and each report to mark it resolved. Do you by any chance think this would possible to implement as part of this amazingly done add-on? Or maybe display a warning to users upon reporting telling them that the post that they are about to report has already been reported.

I've recently had someone requests something similar for my (paid) Report Centre Essentials add-on. Essentially a "lock report" option with a permission to allow reporting through it.

Hey @Xon - first of all great job on all your XF addons, they've been essential to our forums for years.

I was wondering if you could include an option to automatically return to the Reported items page upon marking a report as Resolved. On XF 1.5 this functionality was on by default, now on 2.1 I am stuck with having to navigate manually back to the report listing page after marking a report as resolved, which is just tedious.

Additionally, the XF 1.5 version of your plugin offered to auto resolve associated reports if a post was deleted. Is this available as an option? Thanks!

Additionally, the XF 1.5 version of your plugin offered to auto resolve associated reports if a post was deleted. Is this available as an option? Thanks!
My Report Centre Essentials add-on has this feature now, as well as the feature to resolve reports from warnings, as well as bulk-resolving reports from the reported items list.

Probably why I've never noticed or had complaints about the XF change in behaviour as my staff heavily use resolving reports via anything but the reports page!

Could someone explain this bit:
This add-on introduces potentially breaking changes to moderation permissions. Please review usergroup permissions carefully!

Is it likely to cause problems. Would uninstalling undo any issues that might come up?

This add-on introduces new report centre permissions, and sometimes the default permission setup doesn't work for you. (Very easy to fix). uninstalling works because the report centre defaults back to a simple is_moderator flag check.

Xon updated Report Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.7.0 - Bugfix & Maintenance update

• Update a number of methods to use php 7.0 type hinting, potentially a breaking change for 3rd party add-ons extending Report Improvements
  • Rename options to have more consistant naming
  • Limit assigning reports to only to users who can view & update a report (rather than just view it)
  • Fixes Non-moderators who can update reports;
    • Fix N+1 query behaviour
    • Improve query fetching non-moderators so it now checks that users have the view reports permission before loading...

Read the rest of this update entry...

As of 2.7.0 (XF2.1), I can view the list of reports, but cannot actually open any of them.

CORRECTION: Reports are opening. Painfully slow. And resolving them is even more painfully slow.
Balance of forum navigation is working as it should be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom