Report Improvements by Xon

Report Improvements by Xon 2.18.3

No permission to download
@Ivancas This add-on adds the option "Log to report centre and forum" (which can send to both a forum and report centre) while the "Send Reports into Forum" option behaves the same.

Besides, the installation of the add-on took about 10 minutes and could only be finished successfully via CMD.

Last edited:
Was there some error listed?

There are a number of table changes which can take some time depending on database server specs. Was there any particular position (ie number of dots) which was taking the longest?

There should really be a limit on "Linking Warnings and Reports". The forum is unreachable for more than an hour. This is a stopper for big forums.

The process does not go in on the background. The forum is giving HTTP ERROR 500 even if the server load is not too high...

Last edited:
The "Linking Warnings and Reports" was written for larger forums, and has worked fine to be deployed on a number of them. I need actual errors (with stack traces and exception messages) to diagnose what happened.

Even with tens of thousands of warnings; it doesn't take very long to create that many reports. Yes, it doesn't run in the background but you can just open a new tab to log into the admincp.

OK, here's what happened, step by step.
  • Installed 2.4.0 version > Got an error during the upgrade > Reported > Solved with 2.4.1
  • Installed 2.4.1 and began the upgrade process.
  • During the "Linking Warnings and Reports" process, the forum became inaccessible.
  • And Brogan was right. It was indeed more than 10.000 re-assigned reports that exhausted the memory and threw out the errors.
  • We were able to fix the issue with this command: UPDATE xf_report SET report_state = "resolved" WHERE report_state = "assigned" OR report_state = "open";

Trying to remove a thread reply ban and I get this error

Error: Call to a member function getUser() on null in src/addons/SV/ReportImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 43
  1. SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->setupThreadReplyBan() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 1284
  2. XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionReplyBans() in src/addons/SV/ReportImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 23
  3. SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionReplyBans() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  9. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Had a similar problem to the user from before. Tried installing 2.4.4. Installation started, but stalled quickly. Didn't even see the first process gain its 2nd dot. When I highlight the "Action pending" in the addons page, it says "Last action: install:2".

EDIT: Had to substantially increase the maximum execution time, which allowed the installation to progress, but that then ran right into something akin to the Creator.php error mentioned on the 1st page.
RuntimeException: Warning:2810, Report-message: Please enter a valid message. src/addons/SV/ReportImprovements/Service/WarningLog/Creator.php:357

Last edited:
This issuie still persists with 2.4.4.
Is this issuing a warning.

Had a similar problem to the user from before. Tried installing 2.4.4. Installation started, but stalled quickly. Didn't even see the first process gain its 2nd dot. When I highlight the "Action pending" in the addons page, it says "Last action: install:2".
I really recommend using the CLI installer for larger or older forums.

This install step is a few fairly small SQL schema changes which shouldn't take too long.

EDIT: Had to substantially increase the maximum execution time, which allowed the installation to progress, but that then ran right into something akin to the Creator.php error mentioned on the 1st page.
RuntimeException: Warning:2810, Report-message: Please enter a valid message. src/addons/SV/ReportImprovements/Service/WarningLog/Creator.php:357
I need the stacktrace if any. This appears to be copying warnings into the report system; it should just run in the background and not block. I assume you where using the GUI installer? Is your version of XF the latest?

Top Bottom