Report Improvements by Xon

Report Improvements by Xon 1.11.0

No permission to download
@Freelancer "Warning Improvements" and "Report Improvements" are actually designed and developed together.

That one is a bit unusual, but I think I know what the issue is.

I'm having the same issue. How was it resolved?
This was caused by an add-on compatibility issue, are you on the latest version?

If so, please send me a PM with a list of add-ons so I can figure out how it broke this time.

Great to see the updates @Xon. Would be fantastic to have the PM sent from an anonymous/moderator specified account if this is simple to implement?

For what exactly are this permissions for non staff users:
  • Like Report Comments
  • View User Report
  • View Post Report

If I gave this permissions to regular user, he can not do/see anything cause he is not in moderator group (Staff group)?

Some kind of bug is when you like report from regular user, he recive alert for that, but when he put mouse on baloon, alert just disappear because regular user are not in Staff group and can not see reports. Maybe some kind of solution is general text that he recive like for <report name>.

Another bug is maybe related with clashing to modess addon, If I choose Send resolution/rejection alert, user don't recive alert, nor for rejected report

For what exactly are this permissions for non staff users:
  • Like Report Comments
  • View User Report
  • View Post Report

If I gave this permissions to regular user, he can not do/see anything cause he is not in moderator group (Staff group)?
These permissions only control what a moderator can see/do in the Report Center.

The next major version 1.2.x, will allow non-moderators to see reports if configured correctly but I haven't finish up a couple of blockers for a public release. Mostly figuring out the install process since it requires new permissions to be setup.

Some kind of bug is when you like report from regular user, he recive alert for that, but when he put mouse on baloon, alert just disappear because regular user are not in Staff group and can not see reports. Maybe some kind of solution is general text that he recive like for <report name>.
This is a bit of s design issue, XenForo does this itself for any content you can't see.

Perhaps an improvement to tell them their report has been anonymously Like'd would help.

Another bug is maybe related with clashing to modess addon, If I choose Send resolution/rejection alert, user don't recive alert, nor for rejected report
I'm surprised, as this version only captures some information during that code-flow, and doesn't interrupt anything. I'll need to query @Daniel Hood about that one.

Hey there @Xon

So, I'm using this addon on a decent-sized forum and it works great. One thing though is that the alerts it sends drives a couple of our moderators a little mad. We get a lot of reports each day and the it can easily get spammy. I've been unable to find an option to disable these alerts. Is there a way to do this or would you be able to add a setting that would allow alerts to be disabled altogether?

Thanks!

So, I'm using this addon on a decent-sized forum and it works great. One thing though is that the alerts it sends drives a couple of our moderators a little mad. We get a lot of reports each day and the it can easily get spammy. I've been unable to find an option to disable these alerts. Is there a way to do this or would you be able to add a setting that would allow alerts to be disabled altogether?
There isn't a UI to opt-out of report alerts. You can globally turn off the alerting on new reports however.

Under "Report Improvements" options, make sure "Report Alerting Mode" is set to "Alert watchers on reply".
It is set on that, but my moderators are still getting alerts for previous reports that get bumped back up with updates. I'm looking to disable all report-related alerts.

I had a quick question about this part:
  • Only view Alerts/Reports for forums the moderator can see (configurable), in addition to viewing report permission.
That means if I have a moderator for a subforum he should only see reports for that specific section?
If so, I have been looking for something of the sort for quite a while now :)

I had a quick question about this part:
  • Only view Alerts/Reports for forums the moderator can see (configurable), in addition to viewing report permission.
That means if I have a moderator for a subforum he should only see reports for that specific section?
If so, I have been looking for something of the sort for quite a while now :)
Correct, this allows moderators to only see reports from forums they can see.

Correct, this allows moderators to only see reports from forums they can see.

I thought this meant that moderators would only see reports for sections that they are actually moderators of..
Generally a moderator is able to see every section so this option is a little bit useless to me.

If mods only saw reports for sections they are mods of then a lot of time would be saved.

Thanks anyway :)

Top Bottom