Report Improvements by Xon

Report Improvements by Xon 1.11.0

No permission to download
Gotcha.
So I'm gonna have to put my sectional moderators into their own group to make this work.

@Xon how can I remove the search report comments tab from the search form?
It only shows up if you have permissions to the report centre or are a moderator.

To disable it showing up no matter what, look for the template modification with the comment "Inject Search Tab" for the search_form_tabs template, and just disable the template modification.

@Xon
Some questions and suggestions.
Installed an for now, I can see that there is not clash with moderator essentials addon (y)

In option Report Alerting Mode, who are watchers? o_O

If user assigned report to himself or to other Staff member, could ther be better phrase for this?
sv_x_state_change_report_assigned => {name} assigned the report {report}.
Could be possible to add to whom report is assigned?
So if User1 assigned report to User2 than phrase will use two {name} variables => {name} assigned the report {report} to {name2}.
Or at least {name} should be user whom report is assigned, not user who assigned report to someone.

Reports respect view-node permission
This is per view permission or per moderate permission?
All content moderators (not SuperModerators) can see all nodes/subforums so this permission could be better if it is per "can moderate" not by "can see".
So, if user1 is content moderator for node 111 and reported post is in node 222 than this report is not visible (no alerts too) for moderator user1

Phrase - Post in thread '{title}' - when user get alert that his report is rejected or solved
Could {title} be linked to that post/user/conversation which is reported?

Last edited:
In option Report Alerting Mode, who are watchers? o_O
Anyone who has commented on a report. (because this add-on allows non-moderators to potentially see and comment on reports).

If user assigned report to himself or to other Staff member, could ther be better phrase for this?
sv_x_state_change_report_assigned => {name} assigned the report {report}.
Could be possible to add to whom report is assigned?
So if User1 assigned report to User2 than phrase will use two {name} variables => {name} assigned the report {report} to {name2}.
Or at least {name} should be user whom report is assigned, not user who assigned report to someone.
That makes sense.

Reports respect view-node permission
This is per view permission or per moderate permission?
All content moderators (not SuperModerators) can see all nodes/subforums so this permission could be better if it is per "can moderate" not by "can see".
So, if user1 is content moderator for node 111 and reported post is in node 222 than this report is not visible (no alerts too) for moderator user1
This allows a super-moderator without permission to view a node to not receive reports from that node. Otherwise the supermoderator will receive a report for content they can't access.

Phrase - Post in thread '{title}' - when user get alert that his report is rejected or solved
Could {title} be linked to that post/user/conversation which is reported?
IIRC this is standard xenforo behaviour, I should be able to fix that.

When I add a Moderator with the following settings they do not get Node Permission for Report Center

upload_2016-11-7_17-12-31.webp

Here are the permissions analyzed

upload_2016-11-7_17-44-24.webp

Seems like this is happening to my newer mods. The older ones that were in place all have View Post Report permissions. Any ideas?

@TeflonDon Ah, you are directly assigning permissions to moderators rather than assigning moderators to a group.

This would be why it hasn't come up before, as assigning to a user to an existing group is vastly more scalable management-wise than every moderator having a unique permission set.

I'll have a look at making the report center permissions show up in the add moderator screen.

@TeflonDon Ah, you are directly assigning permissions to moderators rather than assigning moderators to a group.

This would be why it hasn't come up before, as assigning to a user to an existing group is vastly more scalable management-wise than every moderator having a unique permission set.

I'll have a look at making the report center permissions show up in the add moderator screen.

I go to Users>Moderators>Create New Moderator. Punch in the name, forum and then the regular moderator permissions. I add all Moderators to the Moderating Usergroup. I didn't touch any of the Usergroup Permissions.

I tried editing the Usergroup to put all the report center permissions to allow, which works. However that allowed moderators to see and handle reports for forums they didn't moderate.

My longtime moderators are able to access the report center and I didn't set up any of their permissions separately or anything.

Ok, that make sense. I haven't really used per-forum moderator functionality much. I'll look into fixing it.

If I go to the Node Permissions and manually set the permissions to Allow for the moderator to access the Report Center it works. It would be great if this was done automatically when adding the moderator using the above steps I mentioned. Otherwise, if you remove the moderator this permission is left customized.

I'd suggest following the XF moderator standards even when adding a moderator to just a single forum so that this is true:
  • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.

Thanks!

Top Bottom