Renewal Model for XF + Resource Manager

Vilandra

Can I please just make sure I'm clear on how renewals for XF with the Resource Manager would work?

As I understand it, once we purchase the Resource Manager, each time we extend our support for our XF license itself we also have to extend that of the Resource Manager? So we cannot, say, only purchase support and upgrades for the forum?

So support and upgrades would be $55 instead of $40 (at current prices)?

Just making sure I have all the facts correct before making a decision. Thank you!

So you cannot renew only the forums once you have purchased an add-on? You must renew both the forum and all add-ons associated with that site?

Just as a clarification then - is it possible to stop using an add-on and have it removed from your license?

For example, if I purchased the Resource Manager but later decided I do not want to use it - can this be removed from my license for that site?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

So you cannot renew only the forums once you have purchased an add-on? You must renew both the forum and all add-ons associated with that site?

Just as a clarification then - is it possible to stop using an add-on and have it removed from your license?

For example, if I purchased the Resource Manager but later decided I do not want to use it - can this be removed from my license for that site?

Cheers,
According to the announcement for the RM:
XenForo said:
A Note About Transferability
As is the case with any of our other license add-ons (Enhanced Search, Branding Removal, etc), the RM cannot be transferred away from a license (though it does not prevent the parent license from being transferred). You can contact us to cancel the add-on if you no longer wish to use it, but should you wish to use the RM again, you will need to re-purchase it.

This is correct. If you buy the RM during the sale for $20 you automatically raise your renewal costs with $15. And renewal of your license may occur just 1 day after the purchase of RM.

I would recommend buying the RM during the sale only if you'll have a need for it within the next 3 years.

Cheers,

It can be removed, but you lose access to the addon full stop, you would then need to re-buy it at full price again, it cant just be "temporarily" disabled.

It can be removed, but you lose access to the addon full stop, you would then need to re-buy it at full price again, it cant just be "temporarily" disabled.

So let's say I had a year still left on my xenforo product license and my renewal was due for the rm I would still need to pay $55 ? or would I just pay 15 dollars because it's the Rm i only want to renew.

There is only one renewal date as the forum software license and all add-ons are bundled together.

So for example I have XenForo 1.1.3 + Elastic Search and my support ends on the same date:

Support/updates end: Nov 25, 2015

There is only one renewal date as the forum software license and all add-ons are bundled together.

So for example I have XenForo 1.1.3 + Elastic Search and my support ends on the same date:

Support/updates end: Nov 25, 2015

Aren't you loosing money doing it this way?

I only have 2 months left on my xenforo license renewal so when I purchase the RM for 20 dollars on the 26th of this month both my xenforo license and Rm will have 1 year left on the renewal when i make the purchase of the RM add-on? Is that correct?

Aren't you loosing money doing it this way?

I only have 2 months left on my xenforo license renewal so when I purchase the RM for 20 dollars on the 26th of this month both my xenforo license and Rm will have 1 year left on the renewal when i make the purchase of the RM add-on? Is that correct?
No, the way I'm reading this is you'll purchase the RM on the 26th.. and then 2 months later you'll pay your renewal fees for a year (including the additiona $15)

Top Bottom