1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renewal Model for XF + Resource Manager

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Vilandra, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Vilandra

Vilandra Active Member

Can I please just make sure I'm clear on how renewals for XF with the Resource Manager would work?

As I understand it, once we purchase the Resource Manager, each time we extend our support for our XF license itself we also have to extend that of the Resource Manager? So we cannot, say, only purchase support and upgrades for the forum?

So support and upgrades would be $55 instead of $40 (at current prices)?

Just making sure I have all the facts correct before making a decision. Thank you!
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The renewal fees are tied together for the forum license and all official add-ons.

That is correct.
    Vilandra likes this.
  3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

So you cannot renew only the forums once you have purchased an add-on? You must renew both the forum and all add-ons associated with that site?

Just as a clarification then - is it possible to stop using an add-on and have it removed from your license?

For example, if I purchased the Resource Manager but later decided I do not want to use it - can this be removed from my license for that site?

Shaun :D
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

According to the announcement for the RM:
    Doctor likes this.
  5. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

This is correct. If you buy the RM during the sale for $20 you automatically raise your renewal costs with $15. And renewal of your license may occur just 1 day after the purchase of RM.

I would recommend buying the RM during the sale only if you'll have a need for it within the next 3 years.
  6. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It can be removed, but you lose access to the addon full stop, you would then need to re-buy it at full price again, it cant just be "temporarily" disabled.
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  7. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Okay, great, so it works as a license bundle - that's good to know. (y)
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

So let's say I had a year still left on my xenforo product license and my renewal was due for the rm I would still need to pay $55 ? or would I just pay 15 dollars because it's the Rm i only want to renew.
  9. Brogan

There is only one renewal date as the forum software license and all add-ons are bundled together.

So for example I have XenForo 1.1.3 + Elastic Search and my support ends on the same date:

Support/updates end: Nov 25, 2015
  10. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I have xF 1.1.3 + Elastic Search + BroganBot v2.0 Gold.

Are all mine tied together as well?
    Fufu and Lisa like this.
  11. Shelley

Aren't you loosing money doing it this way?

I only have 2 months left on my xenforo license renewal so when I purchase the RM for 20 dollars on the 26th of this month both my xenforo license and Rm will have 1 year left on the renewal when i make the purchase of the RM add-on? Is that correct?
  12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

No, the way I'm reading this is you'll purchase the RM on the 26th.. and then 2 months later you'll pay your renewal fees for a year (including the additiona $15)
  13. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

That's the way I'm reading it as well.
  14. Shelley

I'll get confirmation from the staff. Just want to make sure so in 2 months i'll have to renew at 55 dollars?
    Lisa likes this.
  15. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

/not staff

It will be $55. (y)

----from all available information
    HWS likes this.
  16. Brogan

I have asked for clarification as I don't want to give out incorrect information.

Will post back as soon as I get it.
    Lisa and Doctor like this.
  17. Brogan

Apparently the renewal date is always the license renewal date.

So if you have two months left on your license and purchase the RM, the renewal cost will be $55.
    Lisa and Sheldon like this.
  18. Shelley

Is that definite? confirmed By Mike?
  19. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Its right,

In this situation, the most cost effective way to do it would be to renew early, then purchase the addon.
    Sheldon, HWS and Brogan like this.
  20. Brogan

Slavik; but I trust he's correct.

I have also notified Mike to get him to doubly confirm but he's offline for the night now.