Renewal Model for XF + Resource Manager

Vilandra

Can I please just make sure I'm clear on how renewals for XF with the Resource Manager would work?

As I understand it, once we purchase the Resource Manager, each time we extend our support for our XF license itself we also have to extend that of the Resource Manager? So we cannot, say, only purchase support and upgrades for the forum?

So support and upgrades would be $55 instead of $40 (at current prices)?

Just making sure I have all the facts correct before making a decision. Thank you!

Apparently the renewal date is always the license renewal date.

So if you have two months left on your license and purchase the RM, the renewal cost will be $55.

So this means if my XenForo license renews next year, I'd pay $55 next year and I wouldn't have to pay the $15 until then correct? Or I pay the $15 immediately after purchasing the product?

So this means if my XenForo license renews next year, I'd pay $55 next year and I wouldn't have to pay the $15 until then correct? Or I pay the $15 immediately after purchasing the product?

So lets say your license has 13 days left.

If you buy the RM now for $60, and then 13 days later when your license expires, your renewal will be $55

Alternatively.

Renew your license early, for $40. So your license how has 378 days until expires. Then buy the RM for $60. Your next renewal will be in 378 days for $55.

You only pay the purchase price when you buy the RM.

The renewal fee is due when your license support date expires.

If you buy the RM now for $60, and then 13 days later when your license expires, your renewal will be $55

Alternatively.

Renew your license early, for $40. So your license how has 378 days until expires. Then buy the RM for $60. Your next renewal will be in 378 days for $55.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Alternatively.

So let's say (this is a headf-ck) :P I slap on 2 years on my xenforo license now when I purchase the RM later this month I'll have 2 years left on it because it's all tied in?

So let's say (this is a headf-ck) :p I slap on 2 years on my xenforo license now when I purchase the RM later this month I'll have 2 years left on it because it's all tied in?

Hehe, perfect way to work the system, based on the above, I suppose so...that is exactly what I was thinking, buy another 1-2 years extension, then do the above during sale. :)

Can you confirm please that xenforo license renewal is not compulsory ? If do not renew i can still use xenforo but i have not access to patches and new versions, is it right ?
The same then will occur for RM, right ?

Thanks a lot,

Can you confirm please that xenforo license renewal is not compulsory ? If do not renew i can still use xenforo but i have not access to patches and new versions, is it right ?
The same then will occur for RM, right ?

Thanks a lot,

It's not compulsory. When your XF license expires you can still use it, you just won't be able to download updates or receive official support. When your XF license expires so will the RM license you may have, and you will not be able to download updates for it as well.

$40 (xenForo)
+$15 (Resource Manager)
= $55 (per year)

example of future of bundling and price per year:
$40 (xenForo)
+$15 (Resource Manager)
+$10 (Enhanced Search)
+$10 (xFGallery)
+$15 (xFBlogs)
... etc.

Does anyone sees where this is going?

$40 (xenForo)
+$15 (Resource Manager)
= $55 (per year)

example of future of bundling and price per year:
$40 (xenForo)
+$15 (Resource Manager)
+$10 (Enhanced Search)
+$10 (xFGallery)
+$15 (xFBlogs)
... etc.

Does anyone sees where this is going?
This isn't really different then other companies, except renewing everything at once is compulsory when renewing versus choices of individually renewing. It makes it easier for them to manage licenses and access. I see no issue with it.

I'm just pasting my response in from the PC where Shelley was asking for confirmation...

Brogan said:
Do they get to use the forum license and the RM for 26 months without any further renewals?
Correct.

Really, tying the renewals together just prevents some nightmarish situations where you could theoretically have updates for the RM for 3 years but have no updates for XF. So imagine that we put out an RM update that requires XF 1.2 but you don't have access to 1.2? Or vice versa: you update your XF which requires a new RM version which you can't access. Tying the renewals together prevents that. I've been in the opposite situation; it's not ideal. :)

Obviously there's the challenging situation where you buy the RM today and your license expires tomorrow. Maybe we could find a way to sort that in the future, though right now I'm not sure how to handle that. If it's a situation that comes up for people, then they can always contact us directly and we can look into it for them.

I'm just pasting my response in from the PC where Shelley was asking for confirmation...

Correct.

Really, tying the renewals together just prevents some nightmarish situations where you could theoretically have updates for the RM for 3 years but have no updates for XF. So imagine that we put out an RM update that requires XF 1.2 but you don't have access to 1.2? Or vice versa: you update your XF which requires a new RM version which you can't access. Tying the renewals together prevents that. I've been in the opposite situation; it's not ideal. :)

Obviously there's the challenging situation where you buy the RM today and your license expires tomorrow. Maybe we could find a way to sort that in the future, though right now I'm not sure how to handle that. If it's a situation that comes up for people, then they can always contact us directly and we can look into it for them.

At first I didn't see justification for the way you guys had it but... this makes complete sense. Thanks for the clarification Mike (y)

Much as this can make initial support seem somewhat expensive (if it's due for renewal soon) - I think, overall, I much prefer having a single renewal point/price.

At work we manage anti-virus license renewals for our support clients and it's a never ending job. Every time a client adds a couple of staff we have to buy licenses (which are then due for renewal annually) and over the years some customers have ended up with more than 15 renewal points throughout the year for various licenses they've acquired in the past. Managing and tracking each individual license is a massive job, especially as we have to get approval from the client before we can process the renewal. I can spend days just quoting and ordering renewals and doing nothing much else.

Now ... if we had a single renewal point for each client - ooohhh that would be lovely. :D

Top Bottom