Resource icon

Registration Form Timer 2.0

No permission to download
I have fixed.

How is this a bug, who can fill in the form that fast?

If that is the case, disable the modification.
Adam wanted to set to about 4 seconds due to some power users potentially having auto complete plugins.

This is a rare occurrence, but there's no reason why I should limit it to minimum 5 if that's what some people want.

I have fixed.

Adam wanted to set to about 4 seconds due to some power users potentially having auto complete plugins.

This is a rare occurrence, but there's no reason why I should limit it to minimum 5 if that's what some people want.
Thank you Chris. (y)

Always a pleasure to see the level of customer service and respect that you kindly give everyone here on this community :)

You may want to contact Cees50 . He may have something for you ;)

Chris Deeming updated Registration Form Timer with a new update entry:

Fake success page and database logging!

This update now includes an option to redirect the bot to a fake success page.

This is the normal XenForo successful registration page. I would hope this to make the bot believe they have successfully registered when they haven't.

IOZxD.png

ExMxR.png

Also included is an option to log registration attempts. If enabled, each failed registration attempt is logged:
ExMxR.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this IP based? Like if set to say 10 minutes, if two seperate people try to register within 10 minutes would the other fail? If this is IP based could you add a never expiring limit time, this allowing you to only register once per IP forever.

I just updated and got this when trying to view the log:

A controller for the route path reg-form-timer/log was not found.

Chris, this has help prevent so much spam. 45,000 bot attacks and counting.

They're actually starting to give up.... Finally.

At first it was a steady stream (the usual). But then I think the bots got angry or were looking for a valid way in; so we got hit very hard, very fast, but now those numbers are going down.

Victory ! (for now. It's a cat and mouse game we play)

(45,002)

Where are you finding the link to the log? The correct URL is admin.php?logs/reg-form-timer

My bad...

Ignore the link in options.

Correct place to find is:

Admin CP > Tools > Logs > Reg Form Timer Log

I'll say it again, and continue to say it... Xenforo and it's members are lucky to have such a great contributor and supporter in you chris. Excellent add-on and your generosity is very much appreciated. Excellent work yet again and thanks for posting this. (y)

My god, if this works well and you left the email notify on, you could have >10,000 emails a day.
Good to see it's an options ;)

Is it switched off by default (it might be worth considering)?

Logs might be a better idea (ACP>>Tools>Form Timer Logs)?

Good idea though, keep it up Chris (y)
Not sure if you saw it, or not, but I did implement a log in the most recent version :)

Top Bottom