Resource icon

Registration Form Timer 2.0

No permission to download
You're very sweet, Chris. I need to learn how to do this myself but my bigger problem is that now my entire site is down again. I can't even log in, it tells me "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." Not sure if it had something to do with me uploading your add-on, which I doubt, or what's up. I'll get back to this when the site is back up.
1x1.gif

Just a brief update and ranting and raving of Chris and this add-on. I've had my board for not yet 14 months and have not had any spammer issues until about 2 months ago. It got so bad that I had to set approval to "manual approval" status and in a 2 day period it would be normal to have to 'reject' 400-500 new users. Insane! Because I had to manually click 'reject' and then uncheck the 'send email' button, it would take a good hour to two sometimes to double check each user (and I would also manually check their IP addresses and individually ban them. Insanity - I'm up to 200 cups of coffee by now... (just kidding).

Chris' add-on has made it possible where bots are caught and I have set the add-on so that it redirects them to a spam reporting agency website. haha. I'm hoping they're gonna get pretty tired of getting redirected to others.

In less than 15 minutes this add-on caught 9 spammers! You can do the math, that's more than spammer for every 2 minutes.

And Chris even went above and beyond and helped me install it. What a great guy - and a great add-on! Thank you!

When I got up this morning I had over 220 spammers that were caught with Chris' add-on. I decided to put the "manual approval" back on last night and am glad I did, there were about 10 who slipped through the cracks. Awesome job, Chris!

Hello Chris,

A small inconvenience for the translations of the AddOn, the phrase {xen: phrase seconds} not exist in XenForo and neither in the AddOn.

The phrases are on the lines 30, 76, 91 in the file addon-RegFormTimer.xml.

Does this plugin affect those traditional signups only or even oAuths with Twitter, Facebook,..?
It seems to work like a charm. Thank you for providing that tool to us.

It only affects traditional sign ups.

It is thought spammers have or will start to exploit these areas but right now it's not all that prevalent.

Thanks Chris! Excellent add on.

Just letting you know that the link you put in the options to go to the logs needs to be fixed, as when I click on it it comes up with an error.

Otherwise, thanks again!

Chris, don't you consider this step sort of an "arms race" situation? It wont be long before the bots simply change the value of the hidden field through element inspection and move on... right?

IMHO it is only temporary guard.
It seems next release of Xrumer will have delay parameter.
But for today it is a good tool.

Hehe, I see a few of these.

And no, it isn't, unfortunately :p

Not without a time machine, anyway. Or, actually, if you changed the server clock during the registration attempt, that could do it :P

Top Bottom