Reactivation fee

bookmark

Can anyone tell me how much is the reactivation fee for xenforo?I noticed that xenforo stuff said the reactivation fee would be a range from 40 to 140.
I need the exact number before determining to buy a license.Thanks.

I agree, it is a consideration that needs to be taken into account.
I'm sure Ashley will make an announcement once they have decided.

I'll give him a little nudge anyway ;)

Thanks,Brogan.
I think it's wise and necessary for xenforo to announce the exact number before starting to sell the product.From 40 to 140 would be a wide range to make decision.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you plan on waiting 9 months from when your support and maintenance contract ends to renew it.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you plan on waiting 9 months from when your support and maintenance contract ends to renew it.
Well it is a valid point to make.

Not all license owners will necessarily keep up to date with the annual support fee (although it would be great if they did :)), which is exactly why a reactivation fee has been proposed.

If they went by vBulletins old pricing (For re-activation) I think it would be around $60-70 instead of $40 a year renewal.

Thats just a guess.
If they made the Reactivation Fee anything over 70 bucks it would be better just to buy a new xenforo license for 140 dollars. You would get a new license plus support :)

Bear in mind that we want customers to renew the licenses consistently which will support the ongoing development of XenForo. We want a reasonable and sensible process that supports this. The word 'reactivation' is being used to demonstrate that it is different from a renewal when in reality it is a type of renewal.

The reactivation fee is unlikely to be more than 2 renewal fees.

Example: Regular renewals
Year 1 $100/$140 purchase
Year 2 $40 renewal month 12
Year 3 $40 renewal month 24
Total $180/$220

Putting this in reverse, at the end of 3 years, it should cost the same (more or less) for any customer who benefits from an update in a 3/4 year period.
Example:
Year 1 $100/$140 purchase
Year 2 $0
Year 3 $80 reactivation fee (payable from month 13)
Total $180/$220

We will confirm the details before the sale and keep in mind that these are examples for the purposes of illustration.

An evil person could sell their old license for $80 and thus have a $20 profit when buying a new one. The person that bought that old license would be screwed of course.

Top Bottom