Reactivation fee

bookmark

Can anyone tell me how much is the reactivation fee for xenforo?I noticed that xenforo stuff said the reactivation fee would be a range from 40 to 140.
I need the exact number before determining to buy a license.Thanks.

Forsaken, management here are big boys, they don't need you to defend them when customers are upset, to go on and tell paying customers not to complain is the same fiasco that happened on the vB forums when posts were being moved to private forums out of the public view and members who were also paying customers (the boss in most businesses) were being banned by Roy Morgan.

PS: Start another thread? Why, thank God you are not a mod here !!!

PPS: Quote from your user profile "Spent most of the day away from XenForo; come back, most posts are as useless as always".

Come on man, if that is the way you think you have a lot of nerve even posting telling paying customers not to complain.

I can't agree more!

We are posting here because Ashley IS reading this thread. The question is will he see our point of view and find some area, which works both FOR the customers and FOR XF.

We are still far away from gold release, so both the members and Ashley have time to debate and find a middle point, where all parties can be happy.

So this thread is here to find that middle point.

That is blatantly incorrect.
Ashley confirmed there would be a reactivation fee before the Beta was made available for sale.
Only the price wasn't confirmed.

And where did he post this? When i bought the license NO WHERE did it state there would be a reactivation fee. I don't even remember seeing it in the license agreement, which i read before buying the license.

Well even though we have a long discussion.

My primary argument is for multiple license holders.

Unless the reactivation fee is removed and/or some incentives is given to multiple license holder to renew. I won't be purchasing another license.

It's simple as that...

That is blatantly incorrect.
Ashley confirmed there would be a reactivation fee before the Beta was made available for sale.
Only the price wasn't confirmed.

Also Ashley wrote: "We will confirm the details"

To me that means he "may" change his mind or throw out the plan totally or develop a new one. That doesn't confirm 100% that he will go through with it accordingly.

The truth is this reactivation fee seems to have some what hurt XF.

We see potential new members feeling discouraged, and some current members as well.
Though I don't care for one license, I see it hurting for people with 2-5 or more licenses.

It won't effect single license holders to much.

And no offense to single license holders (I am one too). But they are nothing compared to the multiple license holders. The multiple holders are WHAT will found XF in the long term.

So if they are not renewing it's going to hurt more. Which is why they need incentives to renew too. And not get tacked off reactivation fees. Otherwise it sounds like XF wants to become to next IB. Just rip off the ones that support the software the most.

The reactivation fee was (and is) documented on the renewal details link on the purchase site – I don’t know about you, but I read fine print like that before buying, so it was perfectly clear to me before buying that the reactivation fee exists. To me, the whole felt pretty obvious, and not hidden in any way.

Also, Ashley already mentioned that they are considering some kind of discount for multiple license holders.

I have no reservations for playing a reasonable renewal fee ($40/year). It keeps the developers in business and motivated to continually advance the product.

What I have concerns with, are the styles and mods not being available to those whose who prefer not to pay such fees. They should not be entitled to updates of course...but I don't think I agree w/ not having access to mods/styles. The two are separate.

If styles/mods are hosted at xf.com and to access them requires the renewal fee...then as others have said...this will not be the place for modders/designers to post their work (nor for admins to download such work). And 3rd party sites will will spawn and fragment the community IMO (much like it is for IPB).

I'd much rather see XF.com be the one stop one shop XF solution (w/ exception for professional coding/styles of course). I think it would really strengthen the community and only further the popularity of the product.

If styles/mods are hosted at XF, I think that the requirement be that only licensed owners can download them, but that it is not required to maintain one's annual subscription for support/updates.

This will not affect me if XF team decides that one must pay to access such content. I will be a paying customer. I just really want XF to be fresh, unique, positive and united. I think that the team and product are off to an unbelievable start and I just don't want to see it lose any sort of momentum whatsoever. I don't see how XF or its developers can benefit in any way, shape or form by requiring that to access custom content that is provided free of charge from its modders/stylers...members must pay XF to access it.

Summary: Pay to access XF updates and support. Mods and styles are independent of such fees.

It is good that some of the posts are of a more calm nature. I personally listen to those much more than the ones that are not calm.

So in summary, of what at least a few of you are saying would be a better system:
  • xf product support forums/tickets/downloads of xf software - for up to date licenses
  • xf modifications/skins on xf.com - for any license holder (up to date or not)
True?

I probably should not ask here, taking the re-activation topic, even more off topic...

Just to make sure people understand this, we're talking 9 months AFTER your support period expires do you have to pay the reactivation fee.

Therefore from the day you buy your license, you get your 12 month support period, and then a 9 month grace period to renew at $40.00. After 9 months pass, then you need to do a reactivation fee.

It was no different than the updated vBulletin 3 licensing terms where you get your 12 month support period, followed by a 2 month grace period to renew at 40.00, followed by a 60.00 "renewal fee" (note the 60.00 fee could be looked as a reactivation fee)

It is good that some of the posts are of a more calm nature. I personally listen to those much more than the ones that are not calm.

So in summary, of what at least a few of you are saying would be a better system:
  • xf product support forums/tickets/downloads of xf software - for up to date licenses
True?

I probably should not ask here, taking the re-activation topic, even more off topic...

Dean, I have read this entire topic and have no problem with the additional fee (call it whatever you will) as it's more than generous with the 9 month extension.

However, Paul has brought up a fairly large point in that any coders that don't renew, for whatever reason will lose access to support and extend their mods. This will cause the community to fracture and go into many smaller routes (sites) This is one thing I really dislike about IPB.. they do offer their resource center, but a fair amount of mods are not found there and are found on other sites.. This makes for a mess when looking to handle something.

I think if the team here can figure out a way to handle the coding community with this 'cut off of resources' then you guys will be all set. I also understand you have more than 12 months to think things though, but if you want the coding community to safety get behind you (and you guys need this to happen to be successful I think) you'll need to decide sooner rather than later I would think.

I can appreciate this team and mods of this community more after reading this topic.. If it had been on any of our communities most of us would have closed it by now..

Good luck on your decision.

Jamie

Great points, as always Jamie. Yes I agree this should be resolved sooner than later.

I think what I typed in my last post addresses most, if not all of your concerns.

You are absolutely right. This should be dealt with sooner rather than later, as what is going to make XF a success is word of mouth, and it is amazing at how a simple thing can cause an avalanche to occur.

There are tons of sites that are discussing XF, and many users in this thread who access those threads. When you have a bad taste in your mouth and you access those threads and you share your views, it can and will turn off many potential customers.

I think the simple fact that so many of us are sharing our views on this, is showing that many care about XF and we don't want to see XF go down hill over something like this. The mod community is really going to make the difference for XF. It did for VB and that is why I went with it for so long. And if XF has the same thing occur than I will buy into XF, however if XF drives away coders because they have to pay to keep supporting their modifications which they are freely sharing than that is simply a really bad decision.

I have no problem with a reactivation fee, it's fine as far as I am concerned.

I do concur with others though, those whose licenses fall inactive should still have access to modifications. But...it isn't a deal breaker for me, simply because I will always keep my license active. I knew the terms when I bought it.

Its nice to see the mods commenting on peoples posts that have just joined the discussion and ignoring those that have been making some very valid points in this thread. :rolleyes:

Obiviously some people wont mind the penatly because they have no intention of no renewing. I for one have two licences and will only be using one when XF goes gold. The second is a spare. Im not going to renew it yearly if its not in use, so chances are will fall into the penalty bracket.

Its nice to see the mods commenting on peoples posts that have just joined the discussion and ignoring those that have been making some very valid points in this thread. :rolleyes:

Obiviously some people wont mind the penatly because they have no intention of no renewing. I for one have two licences and will only be using one when XF goes gold. The second is a spare. Im not going to renew it yearly if its not in use, so chances are will fall into the penalty bracket.

Which is why there should be incentives for multiple license holders.

Which is why there should be incentives for multiple license holders.
Or make it simple and scrap the penalty for everyone. We keep hearing how its only going to affect the minority, so to make it easier why not just bin it!

When I was with VB and now IPB, I dont install every single update. (unless security) I leave it for ages and then put a day aside to upgrade and make all the changes such as modification/template. I dont want to incur a penalty fee because of this.

True?
Yes ... almost. ;)

For me, it would be .....
  • xf tickets/downloads of xf software - for up to date licenses
  • xf product support forums/modifications/skins on xf.com - for any license holder (up to date or not)
The Software and official support are what you pay for. The forums should be for anyone who has a licence, current or not, they are still a customer - and the forums are members support, not official support, are they not ?

I have no problem if they wish to revoke access to support forums for unlicensed users. I will be keeping my license up-to-date each year so the reactivation fee doesn't affect me, though I do feel that people should have access to modifications if they are inactive. If this is not an option then I would like modification authors to be able to access their own modifications to provide support.

I have no problem if they wish to revoke access to support forums for unlicensed users. I will be keeping my license up-to-date each year so the reactivation fee doesn't affect me, though I do feel that people should have access to modifications if they are inactive. If this is not an option then I would like modification authors to be able to access their own modifications to prove support.

I presume you mean official support and not community support.

Offical support is like going to my garage and saying there a problem with my car.
Community support is like asking a friend what could the problem be.

You pay for one, not the other.

Top Bottom