Reactivation fee

bookmark

Can anyone tell me how much is the reactivation fee for xenforo?I noticed that xenforo stuff said the reactivation fee would be a range from 40 to 140.
I need the exact number before determining to buy a license.Thanks.

What about them? They know about the fee before they purchased the license... it's not like XF is telling you on the 11 month, "oh by the way...". If you start putting aside 16 dollars a month for the next year(3 starbucks trips ;) ) you can renew all 5 licenses. I just created you a savings plan :), aren't you glad.

Actually.. a lot of people didn't. I luckly found out the last min that Ashley was proposing to have this fee put in...

No offence, but that is a completly pointless example! With a credit card your offered an amount of credit you know you have to pay back. How on earth you can compare that to purchasing a Xenforo licence is beyond me!

So basically Xenforo is a yearly subscription, subject to termination and reactivation penalities.

Dave I didn't mean to come across as some arrogant snob but my comparison is simple, the terms and agreement are laid down BEFORE you enter into it. Same thing here.. you know what's to come when purchasing XenForo.

Also this does seem like an endless discussion but I know one thing, I purchased my license knowing full well there would be an annual renew.

Dave I didn't mean to come across as some arrogant snob but my comparison is simple, the terms and agreement are laid down BEFORE you enter into it. Same thing here.. you know what's to come when purchasing XenForo.

Also this does seem like an endless discussion but I know one thing, I purchased my license knowing full well there would be an annual renew.

As I stated.. NOT everyone knew. People bought licenses and then found out about the reactivation fee.

Everyone KNEW about the $40 renewal. No one expected to be forced to renew.

Yup, Dosent mean I have to agree with it.

I purchased two licences to take advantge of the $100 sale. Ive now got three months to see how things pan out and whether Xenforo decide to relax the "penalty fee" situation. If not, I can sell the licences on and get my money back. I'll then simply purchase another IPB licence.

Good businesses should listen to their customers feedback and adapt their business practices. Thats why im airing my concerns regarding this penalty rather then just putting up with it.

I guess I just don't see it as a fee. If you choose not to upgrade come year 2 but year 3 you do... I see more as compensating for all the work that was done. In the "I wanna renew when I want to" world if I never used my XenForo license but in 5 years time I paid a simple 40 bucks to get all the latest and great things how is that a good business decision on their end. What happened to all the work they put in the past 5 years?

But I do see where people may get frustrated at the situation as well :)

I guess I just don't see it as a fee. If you choose not to upgrade come year 2 but year 3 you do... I see more as compensating for all the work that was done. In the "I wanna renew when I want to" world if I never used my XenForo license but in 5 years time I paid a simple 40 bucks to get all the latest and great things how is that a good business decision on their end. What happened to all the work they put in the past 5 years?

But I do see where people may get frustrated at the situation as well :)

That argument really dosnt hold much water because thats how Jelsoft used to do it with vbulletin and its currently how IPB do it. In fact you could jump from IPB 2.1 to 3.1 by only paying $25. It still works wonders for IPB. They have a great team of staff and an evolving product.

That argument really dosnt hold much water because thats how Jelsoft used to do it with vbulletin and its currently how IPB do it. In fact you could jump from IPB 2.1 to 3.1 by only paying $25. It still works wonders for IPB. They have a great team of staff and an evolving product.

Good thing this board is neither of those eh? I have a strange feeling that between Kier, Mike, and the modders of this community that it would be a no-brainer to renew the moment the license comes due. I'm stepping out of this thread as it's an endless loop. Whatever the decision comes down too I'll go along with it if it suites my needs and budget at that time. :)

Good thing this board is neither of those eh? I have a strange feeling that between Kier, Mike, and the modders of this community that it would be a no-brainer to renew the moment the license comes due. I'm stepping out of this thread as it's an endless loop. Whatever the decision comes down too I'll go along with it if it suites my needs and budget at that time. :)

I didnt say this board was anything like vbulletin or IPB :rolleyes: I was simply replying to your post by stating they have a renewal system that works and dosent penalise people.

Its a no-brainer because your pretty much forced into purchasing the renewal because you will loose access to community support and community modifications and be lumped with a penalty charge.

i bought rented the license in good faith with the understanding that the agreement was 'the old vb arrangement'.
perhaps xenforos tagline should be 'read the fine print'.

'Good faith' isn't a reason not to read the license agreement, or details for renewal. Also, not once did anyone of authority make mention of the pricing be like vBulletin's old renewal model, that was purely your assumption.
I didnt say this board was anything like vbulletin or IPB :rolleyes: I was simply replying to your post by stating they have a renewal system that works and dosent penalise people.

Its a no-brainer because your pretty much forced into purchasing the renewal because you will loose access to community support and community modifications and be lumped with a penalty charge.

Your mention of vBulletin and IPB say otherwise; theres no point in bringing them up unless you're comparing them to XenForo. Also, their renewal system works, you're just unhappy with it because you didn't read the license terms, or didn't understand them (They're pretty clear).

I'd suggest making a new thread, as this one has gone from seeking information to complaining, and no alternatives have really been offered. Complaining does nothing, whereas if you appeal logically, and offer up a new solution that would be lucrative for XenForo, as well as fair to customers -without- comparing other forum solutions, and get enough people to back you without complaints, accusations, insults or anything else that would put them off, I'm sure they'll work with the customers.

As for losing access to modifications/support... I never understood why vBulletin allowed that in the first place. Quite honestly, people were capable of staying with an older version, and still get the same treatment as active customers. Thats like me buying a car and expecting the warranty to continue forever.

'Good faith' isn't a reason not to read the license agreement, or details for renewal. Also, not once did anyone of authority make mention of the pricing be like vBulletin's old renewal model, that was purely your assumption.

Your mention of vBulletin and IPB say otherwise; theres no point in bringing them up unless you're comparing them to XenForo. Also, their renewal system works, you're just unhappy with it because you didn't read the license terms, or didn't understand them (They're pretty clear).

I'd suggest making a new thread, as this one has gone from seeking information to complaining, and no alternatives have really been offered. Complaining does nothing, whereas if you appeal logically, and offer up a new solution that would be lucrative for XenForo, as well as fair to customers -without- comparing other forum solutions, and get enough people to back you without complaints, accusations, insults or anything else that would put them off, I'm sure they'll work with the customers.

As for losing access to modifications/support... I never understood why vBulletin allowed that in the first place. Quite honestly, people were capable of staying with an older version, and still get the same treatment as active customers. Thats like me buying a car and expecting the warranty to continue forever.

I can understand that ticketed support or support from a representative from a company should be limited, if non-existant, if your license is expired. However I don't see any reason why community support should not be permitted or access to third-party modifications.

It's the same as me asking my friend advice or support on my car, or modding my car on my own time with parts given to me by friends

I think most people are getting used to the standards set by other forum software. XenForo has already exceeded them standards, why would they tarnish that by using a standard pricing system :)

Top Bottom