Implemented Quote selected text

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The main concern I'd have about it is the unrepresentable BB codes, such as quote or media tags. The ideal would be to try to reverse the selected text back to the portion of the raw post that it covers, that'd be awesome... but I don't even know how to approach it.

Agree it would be a cool feature if we can come up with rational ways to handle those cases.

Something I really liked from a vB4 addon was the ability to quickly quote only the selected part of a post. Often, you don't want to reply to the entire quote, which means you have to quote the post, edit all the remaining stuff out, and then reply. With this, you just highlight whatever you want to quote, press the selected quote button and you can reply instantly.

Is something like that possible here too? It's something I think would be rather useful.

I would like to see this feature too :)... Would be even cooler if you selected some text in a post and dragged it into the quick reply box it automatically surrounded it with quote tags... I have seen this implemented on some other sites using JS so should be possible and would be great to have here.

have you found a solution for this yet? :)

Give them a chance... If anything I would say this is a very low priority feature there are much more important things I would like to see in the initial release than this though it would be a great feature for another day.

I would consider this idea low priority if you are asking for input. In fact it would complicate the UI for our users to the point I am not sure it would be turned on.

what you consider low priority can be important to someone else.
True, but it will not make them reply or work any faster. There is still a lot they have to do and they've made that clear in several places.

The response from Mike indicates he read it, perhaps made a note about it, and will get to it when he has time. Just have some patience, you're not alone here.

This is nice I support it but like it was said one could just click quote and delete the text they don't want that appears in the editor. I would have to agree that though this IS quite useful, It's not a selling point of the software. If staff can find time for the initial release or even down the road to include this I wouldn't complain but I can live without it.

Top Bottom