XF 1.0 Quick Visibility Toggle

XenForo has always allowed members to switch the visibility of their online status, allowing them to browse without announcing their presence to other visitors. However, there are times when a person who normally browses in visible mode might want to quickly switch to invisible mode for a short time.

Normally, this would involve a trip to the Privacy Settings editor, but it's now possible to switch the system on and off instantly with a single click in your visitor menu.

Screen shot 2010-09-16 at 12.18.45.webp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SUPER !

Also the link for "Your Profile Page" is great to have (better visible than discovering for clicking on the username).

When I switched to invisible it still listed me in the general list (main forum page) but I was not on the detailed list. Is this intentional? If so, it's how I'd like it, because I want to show a busy community on the main page but give members the option to hide their current activity from the detailed list.

When I switched to invisible it still listed me in the general list (main forum page) but I was not on the detailed list. Is this intentional? If so, it's how I'd like it, because I want to show a busy community on the main page but give members the option to hide their current activity from the detailed list.
You always see yourself on the main forum page's list - it's forced in there rather than being fetched as part of the rest of the list.

what is actually the stuff with "Kier is viewing an UNKNOWN page" ?
It also showed on other peoples Set-Card saying "viewing unknown page".......

Should this be what I tell my low tech users? Because I am unclear what this means.

I was confirming that the 'unknown page' issue was for members who set their online status as visible. Set to invisible should not show where a member is browsing or what they are doing.

Top Bottom