1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Quick Visibility Toggle

Discussion in 'Have You Seen...?' started by Kier, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

XenForo has always allowed members to switch the visibility of their online status, allowing them to browse without announcing their presence to other visitors. However, there are times when a person who normally browses in visible mode might want to quickly switch to invisible mode for a short time.

Normally, this would involve a trip to the Privacy Settings editor, but it's now possible to switch the system on and off instantly with a single click in your visitor menu.

Screen shot 2010-09-16 at 12.18.45.png

Eagle, Saeed, Spenser and 17 others like this.
  2. Kier

(Updated from today's earlier posting)
  3. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

SUPER !

Also the link for "Your Profile Page" is great to have (better visible than discovering for clicking on the username).
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Active Member

Very nice :)
  5. Floris

Floris Guest

AooOH, nice tweak :)
  6. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Wow, very nice. I like this simple, very very user friendly, tweaks!
  7. zkaraca

zkaraca Member

Nice indeed. Thanks for the great work.
  8. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

When I switched to invisible it still listed me in the general list (main forum page) but I was not on the detailed list. Is this intentional? If so, it's how I'd like it, because I want to show a busy community on the main page but give members the option to hide their current activity from the detailed list.
  9. Kier

You always see yourself on the main forum page's list - it's forced in there rather than being fetched as part of the rest of the list.
  10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Very nice!
  11. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Another great UX feature! (*me searches for his wallet...)
  12. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Much nicer I like it... great work :D
  13. Kier

I'm using it several times per hour at the moment, so I can view particular threads without their posters jumping on me to ask why I haven't responded yet... joy! :)
  14. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

what is actually the stuff with "Kier is viewing an UNKNOWN page" ?
    It also showed on other peoples Set-Card saying "viewing unknown page".......
  15. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh Well-Known Member

Very useful tweak indeed! Its amazing to realize how the developers are looking at the product from the end user perspective!!
    Peggy likes this.
  16. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Are you referring to when someone is not set to invisible? Kier addressed it:

erich37 likes this.
  17. Sejper

Sejper Active Member

Even if I don't really use invisible mode very often this will sure make the life of admins much easier.
  18. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Again, making things easier for us!
  19. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Should this be what I tell my low tech users? Because I am unclear what this means.
  20. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I was confirming that the 'unknown page' issue was for members who set their online status as visible. Set to invisible should not show where a member is browsing or what they are doing.