• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.0 Quick Visibility Toggle

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
XenForo has always allowed members to switch the visibility of their online status, allowing them to browse without announcing their presence to other visitors. However, there are times when a person who normally browses in visible mode might want to quickly switch to invisible mode for a short time.

Normally, this would involve a trip to the Privacy Settings editor, but it's now possible to switch the system on and off instantly with a single click in your visitor menu.

Screen shot 2010-09-16 at 12.18.45.png

erich37

SUPER !

Also the link for "Your Profile Page" is great to have (better visible than discovering for clicking on the username).

Ingenious

When I switched to invisible it still listed me in the general list (main forum page) but I was not on the detailed list. Is this intentional? If so, it's how I'd like it, because I want to show a busy community on the main page but give members the option to hide their current activity from the detailed list.

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
When I switched to invisible it still listed me in the general list (main forum page) but I was not on the detailed list. Is this intentional? If so, it's how I'd like it, because I want to show a busy community on the main page but give members the option to hide their current activity from the detailed list.
You always see yourself on the main forum page's list - it's forced in there rather than being fetched as part of the rest of the list.

erich37

what is actually the stuff with "Kier is viewing an UNKNOWN page" ?
It also showed on other peoples Set-Card saying "viewing unknown page".......