Quick Reply Preview

Quick Reply Preview 1.4.4

No permission to download

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yorick submitted a new resource:

Quick Reply Preview (version 1.0) - Adds a preview button to your Quick Reply which loads in an overlay

Quite simply, this add on adds a Preview button to the Quick Reply form.

View attachment 29993

Clicking the Preview button loads its content in an overlay.

View attachment 29992

The functionality of the main Reply form is unaffected.

INSTALLATION

Download the zip
Extract the contents
Upload the entire contents of the upload folder to the root of your installation
Install in the Admin CP using XML file.

Read more about this resource...

Not working for me. It must be clashing with another mod or something.

It's great you made this though.

I get this error when I try to preview a post that isn't on the first page.
The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread does not define an action called Page3replyPreview.

The Page3replyPreview will change depending on what page you're on.

The overlay does work however on the FIRST page of a thread.

20120527023653953.jpeg

Both issues have now been fixed. Sorry for the multiple updates but one of the issues was a lot quicker to fix than I thought it would be!

Both issues have now been fixed. Sorry for the multiple updates but one of the issues was a lot quicker to fix than I thought it would be!
Success on both :cool:

Tested using the other modification and also tested on a thread that was over 100+ pages.

Is it possible to disable the quick reply preview button for a specific style?

Nothing happens when clicking the button on mobile themes.

Been using this for a while and it's been working great, but today I noticed it also appears on polls.

RRZ5L.png

and of course the button does nothing. Just figured I'd let you know in case you were unaware. I added the following CSS to my thread view as a quick fix to hide it from polls until an official update fixes it properly.
div.buttons input#PreviewButton.button {
display: none;
}

Is it possible to disable the quick reply preview button for a specific style?

Nothing happens when clicking the button on mobile themes.

You could try to add this CSS to whatever style you don't want the preview button to appear on:
div.submitUnit input#PreviewButton.button {
display: none;
}

Been using this for a while and it's been working great, but today I noticed it also appears on polls.

RRZ5L.png

and of course the button does nothing. Just figured I'd let you know in case you were unaware. I added the following CSS to my thread view as a quick fix to hide it from polls until an official update fixes it properly.

You could try to add this CSS to whatever style you don't want the preview button to appear on:
Thanks for letting me know about this.

You can remove your CSS changes, the version I have just released fixes this problem properly.

RRZ5L.png

THANKS BROSKI

Top Bottom