Quick look at UI.X 2

If I buy an existing UI.X licence for xenforo 1.5 will I get a free upgrade? I am putting a forum together now, and OBVIOUSLY want to go the U.IX route. Just not sure whether to wait for Xenforo/UI.X 2.0 or run with 1.5 and existing UI.X and ugrade later. Happy to pay for existing UI.X now but not if Xenfor 2.0 and U.IX drop pretty soonish?

Release it already guys! lol

If I buy an existing UI.X licence for xenforo 1.5 will I get a free upgrade? I am putting a forum together now, and OBVIOUSLY want to go the U.IX route. Just not sure whether to wait for Xenforo/UI.X 2.0 or run with 1.5 and existing UI.X and ugrade later. Happy to pay for existing UI.X now but not if Xenfor 2.0 and U.IX drop pretty soonish?

Release it already guys! lol
We are going with a 50% discount for all those with an annual license.

I Just bought a licence a couple hour ago anyway :) Not sure if it is an annua or regularl?
All our licenses are annual, unless of course you have a month to month subscription. So annual is probably correct! :P
@Mike Creuzer
My UI.X license expired a while ago and i haven't renewed it... would i still be eligible for a discount? thank you
Unfortunately we are only going to do it for active licenses, but what I'll do is a 20% discount for all those who have ever purchased UI.X. Does that seem fair? :)

@Mike Creuzer Any news about the release of UI.X 2? :cry:
No pressure :p

No news yet.

Hope in few days we get ui.x2

You both realize XenForo is still in BETA, right? The likelihood of UIX.2 being released is slim. All that would do is put ThemeHouse into a pinch. Each release of XF past this current BETA, everyone who has the theme would be screaming at them to get the theme updated, that there are templates out of date, etc, etc... There is most likely going to be at least one Release Candidate, so there is at least, at a minimum of one update with them running around, getting blasted by impatient people because there templates aren't up to date, getting thrown under the bus, complained about, topics started, etc. Don't deny it, we've all seen it happen.

They release is now, to be nice, in the end it will backfire and they will be the bad guys, I can already see it.

Just be patient, XF2 Gold cannot be too far away.

I'd say there are quite a few themes that are close to being released, but by throwing them out here before XF2 Gold, they are simply increasing their workload unnecessarily.

You both realize XenForo is still in BETA, right? The likelihood of UIX.2 being released is slim. All that would do is put ThemeHouse into a pinch. Each release of XF past this current BETA, everyone who has the theme would be screaming at them to get the theme updated, that there are templates out of date, etc, etc... There is most likely going to be at least one Release Candidate, so there is at least, at a minimum of one update with them running around, getting blasted by impatient people because there templates aren't up to date, getting thrown under the bus, complained about, topics started, etc. Don't deny it, we've all seen it happen.

They release is now, to be nice, in the end it will backfire and they will be the bad guys, I can already see it.

Just be patient, XF2 Gold cannot be too far away.

I'd say there are quite a few themes that are close to being released, but by throwing them out here before XF2 Gold, they are simply increasing their workload unnecessarily.

Couldn't disagree more, not that hard to put up a bit more info. They could release a limited test site, post a video etc. They a while back in this thread openely said they are beta testing so wouldn't be that hard to chuck up a video as an example.

Whoever does this first for xf2 will have a market advantage no matter wich way you look at it.

That said I get why they are taking there time.

I appreciate all the support and feedback, its not like we want to be quiet about things. We get contracted out to do large projects weekly and its sometimes hard to fight building new technologies and keeping the lights on. We are first and foremost a very small dev team.

In fact, internally, some of us want to release early. I think I'm the one who would rather have:

1. Complete major feature parity with UI.X 1
2. Something stable/tried and true
3. And as @Sheldon said, I am indeed a bit hesitant in releasing before XF2 Gold

Very quick overall look:

LPHtepA.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom