Quick look at UI.X 2

Really interested in the Flarum replica. Have browsed thread, and apologies if answered before... any ETA?
Hey buddy, np. It's a bit of a project and we want it to look gorgeous on default style and UI.X as well of course. It's a hard problem to solve because we essentially want you to be able to associate a thread with tags, but in a way where you don't want to have to define a node. Yet it must exist in a node for add-ons and search and everything else to work smoothly. We have made some progress but an ETA is not possible. UI.X and UI.X Pro are for sure top priorities, and this flarum style system falls under UI.X Pro.

Hope you are well!

We have made some progress but an ETA is not possible. UI.X and UI.X Pro are for sure top priorities, and this flarum style system falls under UI.X Pro.

I figured an ETA would be hard to nail down, figured I would throw it out and take a chance at some timeframe would be given... hahaha. All I know, that Flarum look, remove sidebar completely or have chat in sidebar, so when in mobile chat is there, but hidden to the right, just a small side button showing shouts have arrived, and the Reactions... you guys might be on to something. Look forward to seeing what I can come up with for that design and adding in the chat add-on.

All's well here, work and Spartan Racing. Not much time for anything else, unfortunately. Will have some time during winter, so looking to see what I can burn some time on... lol.

Appreciate the reply!

title_pro_2x.png

So we decided that there are two types of people, more or less, that use UI.X. The people who want something stable, kind of like the default style but better, but with all the bells and whistles and they can choose what they want or make a custom theme themselves. OR there are are people who, like myself, want just the best of the best. Doesn't really matter what setting is on or off so long as it is the most ideal approach. I at least believe there is a proper way to setup any interface. Everything else is simply wrong. Wether we know the perfect solution or not is of course debatable (and fun to debate!), but our research of doing thousands of forums has leaned towards certain configurations, add-ons, tools, etc being optimal.

And here is where UI.X Pro comes in!

Forum_List__Pro__-_Material_Tabs_Desktop.jpg

Top navigation: https://media.audent.io/media/file/1982/Forum_List__Pro__-_Logged_In_Desktop.jpg
Top navigation, Logged out: https://media.audent.io/media/file/1983/Forum_List__Pro__-_Logged_Out_Desktop.jpg
Tabs in content: https://media.audent.io/media/file/1984/Forum_List__Pro__-_Material_Navigation_Desktop.jpg

Yo this is Bad Assssssssss! Perfect for what i am trying to do with my website. The Left Navigation and that Search bar at the top in the center. Yea this just made me get X2 just for this. The Placement of the logo as well. ( When i say impressive, i mean impressive.)

Looks great! I do have a small suggestion:

Instead of leaving the members online, latest posts, etc. (example) just floating, maybe put them in cards for the sake of consistency? I think it would be a bit of an improvement. Other than that, it looks amazing!

Oh i see what you are saying. Yeah the side bar widget blocks should be uniform to bring balance and make it look like one consistent style.

@Mike Creuzer - You mentioned [TH] Covers will be available for XF 2.x. Is this upgradable from the XF 1.5 version? In other words, will we lose the existing covers/banners when we upgrade, or will they be retained?

@Mike Creuzer - You mentioned [TH] Covers will be available for XF 2.x. Is this upgradable from the XF 1.5 version? In other words, will we lose the existing covers/banners when we upgrade, or will they be retained?
Definitely will be upgradable. All our XF 2 add-ons will be upgradable from XF1, either if its our add-on or if its a similar product from XF1.

I have a cool idea that i hope is possible.
A hide feature for this sub navigation. http://prntscr.com/gloh7y
So on my website we try to take away most of the visual text for a much cleaner look. I was thinking of having this menu with a auto hide feature or toggle feature which hides it until you want to use it.

Also a breadcrumb toggle or autohide

I have a cool idea that i hope is possible.
A hide feature for this sub navigation. http://prntscr.com/gloh7y
So on my website we try to take away most of the visual text for a much cleaner look. I was thinking of having this menu with a auto hide feature or toggle feature which hides it until you want to use it.

Also a breadcrumb toggle or autohide
In UI.X 1 we have an option to hide it on scroll. Would something like that work here as well?

In UI.X 1 we have an option to hide it on scroll. Would something like that work here as well?
Hummm... let me show you an example of my site.
http://prntscr.com/glrfb6
So on my site i hide this sub nav by using Extra.css
Reason i hide it is because it give my site a cleaner look and less text that really is not needed. So as soons as the page loads i was wondering if their was a way to maybe put that nav in a toggle feature. So when the page loads you will not see the sub navigation, but if you did need to click a link in that sub nav just toggle it down to select the link. The other option i was looking into was this auto hide until scrolled over effect. https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/mi-pb-hover-gif.150691/

Xpress (codename if not the actual name) will solve these issues that we face all the time when pairing WordPress with XenForo:
  1. Matching theme without having to do 2 separate projects
  2. Component system for scaffolding using XenForo variables
  3. Single sign-on bridge
  4. Ability to auto-create new threads per post with parameters (ie, posts from Announcement category get posted to XenForo)
  5. Said threads will be referenced on XenForo
  6. Posts can be made from WordPress as comments and map to thread on XenForo
  7. Ability to display latest news and latest posts across software (even if ends up being RSS, not sure on this yet)
  8. Ability to pass various variables back and forth (for add-ons, customization, scoping, etc)
No exact ETA, but we've discussed the project for months, we just prioritized UI.X. This system will work with UI.X 2 and therefore allow seamless support for WordPress.

For XenForo 1, there exists a few products currently, but none I felt that didn't require our dev team to hack away at it for a while to get it to work. This product would be XF2 only, since there exists workable solutions albeit somewhat difficult, currently.

Posts can be made from WordPress as comments and map to thread on XenForo.
Do I understand this bullet point correctly: a user would see a "new comment" box, and view all comments beneath it at bottom of a Wordpress article - where the comments shown are actually replies to a corresponding thread for the article on the XF side? In other words, will it be "seamless" to the end user (not having to go to the XF side to view/create comments on WordPress and all comments to thread connected to the corresponding WP article on XF shown under comments for the article)?

If I misunderstood, is there any chance for this to be included?

Matching theme without having to do 2 separate projects
Is this something that is optional if I just solely want the bridge functionality without "matching theme"?

Top Bottom