Question Threads

Question Threads 2.1.2

No permission to download
Looks like a good mod... Before I download this unto my pre production site.... will I have to add any css on any template or anything other than uploading xml and files and point and clicking on options? Thank you so much for your valuable time. :)

Finn

Looks like a good mod... Before I download this unto my pre production site.... will I have to add any css on any template or anything other than uploading xml and files and point and clicking on options? Thank you so much for your valuable time. :)

Finn
No. You only need to copy all the files and install the addon. Styling options (colors, shape of the solved indicator and best answer icon) can be set via special menu in styles properties.

Perfect! Love me some drive through add-ons! Nothing to do but upload and point and click! Thank you!

No. You only need to copy all the files and install the addon. Styling options (colors, shape of the solved indicator and best answer icon) can be set via special menu in styles properties.

CMTV updated Question Threads with a new update entry:

Bug fixes 1.2.3

New features
  • Added an option to mark already created ordinary thread as question when editing first post in the question

Fixed bugs
First two bugs were found by @Mr Lucky. They are fixed now!
  • Fixed an issue where best answer icon was replaced with horribly looking icon name text
  • Fixed an error related to emailing system that appears after uninstalling addon
  • Fixed another issue with questions...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1. I want to make a node forum as a "questions only" forum. Thats easy and works fine. But now I want to remove "This thread is a question" from all the other forums. How to do that?
2. Also is there any way to unmark an answer as best answer? Same for the question, how to unmark a question as answered.

Thanks for the great addon

can you add profile page best answers count ?
Yes. I am planning to make best answers just as likes: there will be a counter which can also be used in trophy system. These features will be added in 1.3.

Also is there any way to unmark an answer as best answer? Same for the question, how to unmark a question as answered.
Yes. You can remove best answer mark and mark question as "unsolved" again with permission "Mark questions as Solved".

But now I want to remove "This thread is a question" from all the other forums. How to do that?
There is no way to do that in current version. I will add this feature very soon.

Can this be changed to text only, removing the "?" and with the desired capitalization? Are there options that I'm missing?

Question Addon.webp

Last edited:
Why would Post A Question be capitalised like that?

We don't have Mark Read. It seems wrong grammatically, and inconsistent. It's just a sentence, not a heading.

It's really a question of configuration. For example, In my view, the text should be equivalent to the rest of the buttons, which would look like "View more ..." (three ellipses) .

The "?" is also not aligned by default. And so, my question is also one of configuration to change the "?" to a different icon, etc.

I gave the "Post A Question" as an example.

Can this be changed to text only, removing the "?" and with the desired capitalization? Are there options that I'm missing?

View attachment 162393
Well it is not possible to remove question mark without template modification as it is part of action button. But the text itself is contained in phrase "questionthreads_post_question" and can be changed.

So to change the text go to "Admin CP -> Appearance -> Phrases" and filter for "questionthreads_post_question" pharse.

Well it is not possible to remove question mark without template modification as it is part of action button. But the text itself is contained in phrase "questionthreads_post_question" and can be changed.

So to change the text go to "Admin CP -> Appearance -> Phrases" and filter for "questionthreads_post_question" pharse.

Thank you. I modified the phrase. Which template needs to be modified?

Top Bottom