Question Threads

Question Threads 2.1.2

No permission to download
Uninstalling did not solve the problem, my page load speed become worst. i dont know now, how to fix it.
Today is bad day in my forum life, and not able figure out how to fix the issue.
I called my hosting
they told that huge amount of php-fpm connection seen, they killed all.
Problem wont solved it again rebuilding.
now i am left with question mark, how to get back.

now i am got the server error (add on is uninstalled)
Stack trace

Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 527, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(527): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(484): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'alert_post_ques...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1166): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'alert_post_ques...')
#4 src/XF/Alert/AbstractHandler.php(67): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('alert_post_ques...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Entity/UserAlert.php(67): XF\Alert\AbstractHandler->render(Object(XF\Entity\UserAlert))
#6 [internal function]: XF\Entity\UserAlert->render()
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(875): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/alert_macros.php(18): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\UserAlert), 'render', Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(598): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/account_alerts_popup.php(17): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('alert_macros', 'row', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1167): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('account_alerts_...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(81): XF\Template\Template->render()
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(65): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#18 src/XF/App.php(1844): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#19 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#20 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#21 {main}

please help me

@Dnyan Deshmukh

Did you ever take a backup of your production xF database? A good hosting service provider has automatic backups of last many days... If they do, you can ask them to restore the database to a day older restore point... It seems you database has gone for a toss... Perils of playing with beta software on a live production website. An accident always waiting to happen.

Such server errors i got even before after uninstalling addon made by XFV and still sometime i get that errors

Why you are scaring me. this is not the first time server error i got.
is it like no one can repair current database

CMTV updated Question Threads with a new update entry:

Notifications Update 1.2

View attachment 160739
Notifications Update 1.2 is here!

Question Threads addon now fully supports thread watchers system which means that all wathcers will receive solved/unsolved/best answer alerts.

Moreover, addon now can send email notifications to those watchers that subscribed to the question!

Other features
  • Nice iconpicker for best answer icon
    View attachment 160742
  • Added a checkbox "Is question" when editing already created thread...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry, i am just trying to help you out. It's a basic question anybody would ask if a database is misbehaving because repairing a database could be a time consuming and costly affair. I am not trying to scare you, but sharing from my own experiences over the 15 yrs.

To disable addons: Read this: https://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/

If are able to disable add-ons, then you can try uninstalling the rogue add-on scripts one by one.

All the best

Potentially a very very good addon. Very very very good.

Is there away for a questioner to change their mind about the best answer they marked, if a better answer comes along later?

Or if they mark absolved they can subsequently undo that?

Would it be possible to give some indicator other than the background colour that a post is the best answer, i.e. with words "Best Answer" or something (via a phrase so you can change it?)

Is there away for a questioner to change their mind about the best answer they marked, if a better answer comes along later?

Or if they mark absolved they can subsequently undo that?
For now only users with "Mark questions as solved" permission (usually moderators) can change best answer (or mark the whole question as unsolved).
In future update I will add separate permissions of any action so it will be possible for a question author to change the best answer for question.
Would it be possible to give some indicator other than the background colour that a post is the best answer, i.e. with words "Best Answer" or something (via a phrase so you can change it?)
I think so though I am not sure how this will look.

Here is another amazing update of this add-on with interesting features. Keep up the good work mate.

sorry managed to uninstall and get rid from server error log at site

Last edited:
I changed color in Stye properties and I got this:

SafariScreenshot075.webp

So I disabled the addon and tried a post and got this

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object src/addons/QuestionThreads/Job/Emailer.php:45
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 27, 2017 at 6:15 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/QuestionThreads/Job/Emailer.php(45): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/caf/xf2.c...', 45, Array)
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): QuestionThreads\Job\Emailer->run(8)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#4 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#5 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(47) "https://URL.com/forums/questions/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

And in ACP:

Code:
INSERT  INTO xf_thread (`node_id`, `user_id`, `username`, `discussion_state`, `title`, `discussion_open`, `sticky`, `post_date`, `last_post_date`, `last_post_user_id`, `last_post_username`, `thread_id`, `reply_count`, `view_count`, `discussion_type`, `first_post_id`, `last_post_id`, `first_post_likes`, `prefix_id`, `custom_fields`, `tags`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(174): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1364, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(69): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1364, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(69): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(145): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO xf...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1343): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_thread', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1085): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(285): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#7 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save()
#8 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(714): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'PostThread', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Andy\SimilarThreads\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(1844): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "/forums/admin-discussion.26/post-thread"
  ["referrer"] => string(68) "https://URL/forums/admin-discussion.26/post-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(15) {
    ["prefix_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["title"] => string(28) "Disabled the Questions addon"
    ["message_html"] => string(40) "<p>Went a bit tits up so disabled it</p>"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "102c4ffa02280e0286efd2ce85cf7350"
    ["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(82) "{"type":"post","context":{"node_id":26},"hash":"102c4ffa02280e0286efd2ce85cf7350"}"
    ["tags"] => string(0) ""
    ["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
    ["watch_thread_email"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfSet"] => array(3) {
      ["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
      ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
      ["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
    ["poll"] => array(5) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["new_responses"] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"
      ["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"
      ["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/forums/admin-discussion.26/post-thread"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
So it's a great addon, but seems to be buggy at the moment. Looking forward to when it can be sorted.

@CMTV questionthreads_best_post doesn't have a default value in SQL so errors on thread insert if addon is disabled.

I think there needs to be another option in forums.

If you tick that the forum is for questions only, then that's fine. All threads are questions.

But if unticked, then there is an option for people to mark a thread as question. That is fine, but I think there needs to be an option that does not allow threads to be marked as question.

In other words it would be good the have the option

1. Forum is only questions
  2. Forum can have questions if the thread starter chooses
  3. Forum does not allow thread starter to mark as question.
This is because there should be a difference between a question you can mark the best answer and just a thread that happens to be a question, but is not appropriate for there to be the best answer or solved option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom