Question Threads

Question Threads 2.1.2

No permission to download
Oh. I understand now. The problem is in the thread (and in the settings), not in thead_list. Ok I will release a fix very soon.

Thank you for explanations!

CMTV updated Question Threads with a new update entry:

Bug fixes 1.2.5

Fixed bugs
  • Fixed an issue where the best answer icon is not changing in style settings @bolibick
  • Fixed an issue where the best answer icon would stay "diamond" after changing it in style settings @bolibick
  • Fixed an issue where an option to convert thread to question was appearing when editing every post in that thread (not only when editing first post)
How to upgrade?
  1. ...

Read the rest of this update entry...

is it possible to add a feature that only in a special forum can post questions and the user get forced to use it?

Last edited:
For your information @CMTV:
The UI.X theme have a Problem with your addon because they have this line in the thread_view template
Code:
<xf:pageaction>
    <xf:button href="{{ link('threads/reply', $thread) }}" class="button--cta uix_quickReply--button" icon="write">{{ phrase('reply') }}</xf:button>
</xf:pageaction>

I made some changes to questionthreads.less an now I get the message, that the template is outdated but it only happens on this file.
1513016167264.webp

I tried to disable the add-on temporary but I get server security error. When the add-on is disable members are not able to post thread

• XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'questionthreads_best_post' doesn't have a default value
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
  • Generated by:
  • Dec 25, 2017 at 6:45 AM
Stack trace
INSERT INTO `xf_thread` (`node_id`, `user_id`, `username`, `discussion_state`, `title`, `post_date`, `last_post_date`, `last_post_user_id`, `last_post_username`, `thread_id`, `reply_count`, `view_count`, `sticky`, `discussion_open`, `discussion_type`, `first_post_id`, `last_post_id`, `first_post_likes`, `prefix_id`, `custom_fields`, `tags`, `first_react_users`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(174): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1364, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(70): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1364, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(74): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(151): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1381): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_thread', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1113): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(285): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#7 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save()
#8 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(714): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'post-thread', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Andy\SimilarThreads\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Reactions: LPH
Hi @CMTV

I've installed your addon but I'm not getting the 'Mark Solved' option appearing on questions..

I've checked permissions and they all seem to be set as they should to see / use that option.

Thanks

Jon

"Questions only" forums have a special node icon

How can I revert that? I have custom node image icons for my nodes, so I don't want the question mark FA icon on that forum.. :)

Hello there. I downloaded the attachment. I encountered the following error while trying to install. The error persisted after deleting the attachment files. What should I do?

I am using XenForo v2.0.0 Beta 5

Screenshot_3.webp

Reactions: LPH
Top Bottom