Resource icon

Post Macros 4.3.2

No permission to download
Awesome.. since you added the option to close a thread & add prefix I figured move a thread would still be the same concept. It could be useful to have a pre-defined response in post macros saying that the thread is not acceptable and is being moved to the trash/arquive forum.. Saving moderators some time in the process.

Liam, just wanted to know if you thought about this.. would really like this feature to move a thread to another forum after posting a macro.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or not, but with the lastest version 4.3.0 if you set the selector mode to "Embedded". It only shows 4 macros, and I have quite a bit.

Embedded.webp

Thanks!

Hi,

I've just purchased this addon. Is this still supported and developed? As I've tested, the prefix I've selected isn't added to the thread when selecting the appropriate macro reply.

Hi,

I've just purchased this addon. Is this still supported and developed? As I've tested, the prefix I've selected isn't added to the thread when selecting the appropriate macro reply.

The prefix is added when the thread is posted. If not, I'll have to look into it.

Liam

Depending on the macro I want to assign the prefix to the thread.

Example:
Macro "Bug fixed" tells the thread opener that the bug is fixed and applies the prefix "Fixed"
Macro "Bug closed" tells the thread opener that the bug is closed and applies prefix "Closed".

I believe this should work when posting a reply to an existing thread, not only when posting the thread :)

Depending on the macro I want to assign the prefix to the thread.

Example:
Macro "Bug fixed" tells the thread opener that the bug is fixed and applies the prefix "Fixed"
Macro "Bug closed" tells the thread opener that the bug is closed and applies prefix "Closed".

I believe this should work when posting a reply to an existing thread, not only when posting the thread :)

Yeah, it should work. I'm assuming the prefixes are assigned to the forum you're using the macro in? If not, do that first :)

If they are, I'll look into it next week (when I've handed in my coursework).

Liam

@Liam W

In correlation with my problem above, a setting "Move thread to forum [x]" would be neat. So fixed bugs would be pasted the correct macro, applied the correct prefix and automatically being moved to the "Fixed" forum, for example.

Furthermore the macros are not sorted in the post dialog, despite having selected a Display Order.

Oh, and macro groups would be nice to be able to group them (much like prefixes or emoticons). For example "Bug Macros", "Feature Macros" and "Suggestion Macros".

Last edited:
Hi @Liam W : Any progress on that? I've found a smiliar add-on which has got all the features for a much smaller price... You got any spare time to invest into your add-on?

• Automatic setting of prefixes still doesn't work
  • The add-on doesn't automatically fill in the tokens anymore (e.g. the thread creator)
  • The macro list in "embedded" still isn't sorted like specified in the admin menu

• Automatic setting of prefixes still doesn't work
  • The add-on doesn't automatically fill in the tokens anymore (e.g. the thread creator)
  • The macro list in "embedded" still isn't sorted like specified in the admin menu

The thread prefixes are working on both my dev site and XF Liam. When creating a thread, the prefix selector won't change, but the prefix will be applied when the thread is posted if the prefix is assigned to the forum the thread is in/being created in.

The version I just released fixes the tokens. That was a strange issue arising from a bug fix.

When you say not sorted, do you mean the embedded mode is not adhering to the admin macro display orders?

Liam