XF 1.4 Positioning the Alert drop drop down

ibaker

I have a situation where I need to reposition the Alert and Conversation popup drop downs, not in their top position but move them 35px to the left and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. Positioning their top height point is easy but moving them sideways is proving most difficult.

In other words:
1.webp

Any suggestions on how to do this mean feat, is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
BRILLIANT, thanks Sheldon. That menu system allows for the user to select whether they want the menu on the left or right side of the page plus it converts to a sticky top row on mobile devices so I will change the positioning to suit what the user does, it's still a work in progress, thanks again

BRILLIANT, thanks Sheldon. That menu system allows for the user to select whether they want the menu on the left or right side of the page plus it converts to a sticky top row on mobile devices so I will change the positioning to suit what the user does, thanks again

Yeah, that is the code for the left... but once figured out, you can set it all up properly for left/right choices.

Thanks Bassman, will do. The whole menu system is coming along nicely now, just need to clean it all up and add the ability for users to create up to 4 links for themselves that are displayed in the drop down of the right icon as shown in the mobile view

Thanks Bassman, strange I am not seeing that. Firstly at that resolution in Firefox -> Tools - Responsive, I don't see the post # also when I make it larger I see it and use the perma link without any issues also tried on my Samsung Galaxy S5 with Chrome browser and again now issues.

1.webp

I have PM'd you on that and the reason why but not sure if there is a good way out of it and why my users attacked me when I tried your sticky bar...I think it comes down to the order of drawing the screen but not sure if there is a way around this

I understand, but there's not much I can do about it. Tell your users to speed up their internet connection :p

Answered your PM...

Also it's hard to go around that. When I look at other sticky's it's almost the same...

Lol Australia, a land of sweeping plains, vast horizons, huge outback, only 25m people spread across a land size of say the US. We may have been using 4g for many years but that's not a great help. I have a dedicated server based in Australia as well but then my site is relatively large. But, I have an idea, as I am about to rewrite it all and clean it up I will have a look at this and see whether my idea will work, it comes down to setting the actual top of the content first, thanks again

Top Bottom