Political Buddies Ver 2.2

Cal

I redesigned Political Buddies today and made the new theme default. Please give me some feedback.

Also....the front page uses xenporta. If you have any ideas you think a political forum could use xenporta for let me know because I have to do something about our front page.

*The menu links are not very visible, I know, and if you know how to fix that visit my help thread because im stumped: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/menu-font-color-need-some-help.36284/

preview02.webp

I agree with you that the popup on messages in default XF could do with better colouring. But your white background meanbs I can see the text on the page behind.
I'd try either making it a colour or in its Style Property try making the density stronger, less transparent.

I like it Cal. I would change the "sign up" button for non-members as it is still minecraft themed :)

Also, in the footer you may want to make the xenForo logo the same size as the barcode thingy so that it balances out at the bottom.

That menu definitely needs help. Someone will help, I'm sure.

I like it Cal. I would change the "sign up" button for non-members as it is still minecraft themed :)

Also, in the footer you may want to make the xenForo logo the same size as the barcode thingy so that it balances out at the bottom.

That menu definitely needs help. Someone will help, I'm sure.

Thanks Arnee, I had forgotten about that sign up image. I don't log out often lol. I changed it to something nicer. I'll work on the footer in a bit but I'll change that too.

I hope someone will help lol. It's confused me. We'll see. :)

Anyone else. I got 3 reviewers and their reviews helped tremendously. On a site with 23K members, and at least 50 that I know and see everyday, I'm thinking more of you should be around :-/

Anyone else? Really could use the info....

I love the new design. I don't like the recent activity being the homepage, but that's personal preference.

Going to join. :)

I don't get why you have a portal? The only thing that isn't on your forum main page that is on the portal is status updates and recent threads. Why the redundancy? Seems you are just making it harder for the visitor to get to what your site is, which is a forum.

Well I am going to redo the portal, I'm just waiting until I'm motivated enough tonight. We're going to make it so that the best debates will be promoted to the front page by our staffers. Other than that I haven't found much of a creative use for Xenporta, it's rather limited. If you guys have any ideas let me know. :)

Thanks!

@also I got rid of the portal for now but I do like a front site. I think we're going to work on an alternative. Something that looks better and has good seo value.

Here are two issues I see
the footer has a big gab and your signup button has some text covering it.

Other then that my suggestion would be the highest posters and newest posters blocks on the side, I don't care for that many images on my home page but it may be a personal preferences.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    26 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 16
You guys must be riding a huge wave after last night's debates, and it's only going to get busier from here on out! :)

We are actually. We've been hosting live streaming debates during the Presidential debates. Lots of new members, tons of activity, and more fun to go around. Times are good guys that's for sure ;)

Considering that geopolitical discussion is a very old hobby of mine, I'm already wishing I hadn't seen your site...LOL. I'm stretched too thin as it is and have way too much do to to be able to jump in there. Nice site. Looks like I could have some fun there if I had time...

So what was the shortcomings on the portal? That's something I'm currently looking at now. If I go the library add on route for articles, etc... then all I will really need is a landing page, and I'm not sure getting another add on for that would be worth the trouble...would love to hear your thoughts on the subject since you've been there done that...

People we're telling me, I think above, that the content was redundant and etc. It really was. I'm not done with portals entirely. I really think a good front site does a forum wonders. I just don't want a portal. So I've abandoned Jaxels never-updated and more or less defunct Xenporta. I'm currently testing on a sandbox server the new Widget Portal that was put up a few days ago. Probably going to start having mods find the hottest threads and put them up front on the main site, some how feature blogs, still provide a latest thread rating, etc. If that new system is easier than the mess Xenporta was I can probably add on to it myself in ways I couldn't with Xenporta. That's the game plan for now though.

Your welcome at our forum if you wish. Just pop on in. Everyone is really friendly. Our entire gig is free speech and less moderation - we have one mod, she hardly infracts, and we admins work only on the tech aspects of the site (and debate). Seems to work out very well since we just got a huge influx from another political forum currently experiencing over moderation (seriously I saw, they we're like the web gestapo). It's about creating a fun and peaceful experience for everyone, of every side, of every angle. Non-partisan (although depending on the users at the time it fluxes, right now we seem to be in a pro-conservative phase, last month it was more liberal, etc).

Top Bottom