Liberty Underground - Political Battlefield

countryside

logo.png

A political battlefield for all views where Freedom of Speech is sovereign.

Hi,
I am Noah, and I am happy to say my very first forum has been made. I would appreciate all of your feedback and opinions on everything. I first should tell you a bit about the forum.

Liberty Underground is an attempt to deliver a brand new type of community - one that has people of polar opposite beliefs, yet are still part of a closely knit group of people. It is for conservatives, liberals, and everyone else in between to discuss things that are happening in their own party, along with the world and other current events.

I appreciate everyone doing this for me, it is very helpful.

Cheers,
Noah
http://libertyunderground.org/

PS: I am still trying to get the color palette to look good (match new logo and want it more "American" / patriot), as I made it myself (please, let me know suggestions, I am no artist / designer).

PPS: One thing I am thinking is that the header is too empty? I kinda want to put maybe my slogan in the far right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the theme!

I'd agree with you that the header is a little empty. A slogan or something over on the right side would keep it balanced. As for your colors, on the "Freedom" style I like that they're a little less aggressive and toned down from but still get the point across.

At the same time, the "Patriotic" color theme works really well together and is bold. On the Patriotic style, the logo is also in the middle. I think I like it better to the left and with adding a slogan to the right.

1) A link to the url would help. Had to find it from your profile, others wont bother.
2) nice idea for a site
3) im assuming your target market is USA with a logo like that and constant references to 'this country'. Make it obvious if its global or USA-centric. IMO a broader look and feel has higher potential for you. Besides how many literate republicans are there anyway that could actually string a few words together? ;) j/k
4) about us is referring to CU?? Actually found lots more references to Conservative Underground.
5) viewed solely on mobile and everything looked ok.
6) good oppportunity to customise postbits etc based on left/right/middle political beliefs etc.
7) will check on desktop later to see what it looks like on there.
8) not a fan of UI.X themes but are you set with that color layout? Looks like an odd choice for a poltical debate site esp one tgat is usa-centric.
9) remove donate and support tickets until you are big enough. Content is the only thing a new site like yours should be pushing. Dont distract from that.

Last edited:
Nice looking site and I like the idea of a site for all political beliefs coming together. Have to see if it pays off.

The header does look too empty as you said. What about taking the logo and centering it? Maybe make it a slight bit smaller and maybe put the text "Liberty" on the left and the text "Underground" on the right, instead of in the middle? It would help to fill out the header area and look more uniform. Just a thought.

I like the look of the colors as they seem to work well with your logo.

In the footer, is it possible to center the links, text and things directly under their heading/title? I think it would give it a cleaner look. At least the quick likns and the legal section. They just look too far left IMO.

I think your forum is looking great, just need some fine-tuning and start getting members. (social media promoting maybe)

I'll keep an eye on it to see what kind of changes and adjustments you do.

Good job and good luck. ;)

P.S. I really like the characters used for the logo, nice!

First off, I apologize for the delay, I have been away for the week.

Love the theme!

I'd agree with you that the header is a little empty. A slogan or something over on the right side would keep it balanced. As for your colors, on the "Freedom" style I like that they're a little less aggressive and toned down from but still get the point across.

At the same time, the "Patriotic" color theme works really well together and is bold. On the Patriotic style, the logo is also in the middle. I think I like it better to the left and with adding a slogan to the right.
Thank you so much. If you had to pick, which is best? I am liking "Patriotic" best, but the color scheme for "Freedom" more.

1) A link to the url would help. Had to find it from your profile, others wont bother.
2) nice idea for a site
3) im assuming your target market is USA with a logo like that and constant references to 'this country'. Make it obvious if its global or USA-centric. IMO a broader look and feel has higher potential for you. Besides how many literate republicans are there anyway that could actually string a few words together? ;) j/k
4) about us is referring to CU?? Actually found lots more references to Conservative Underground.
5) viewed solely on mobile and everything looked ok.
6) good oppportunity to customise postbits etc based on left/right/middle political beliefs etc.
7) will check on desktop later to see what it looks like on there.
8) not a fan of UI.X themes but are you set with that color layout? Looks like an odd choice for a poltical debate site esp one tgat is usa-centric.
9) remove donate and support tickets until you are big enough. Content is the only thing a new site like yours should be pushing. Dont distract from that.
Thanks! We changed the name at the beginning go make it more "broad" like you said, so I need to fix those old references.

Thanks
Nice looking site and I like the idea of a site for all political beliefs coming together. Have to see if it pays off.

The header does look too empty as you said. What about taking the logo and centering it? Maybe make it a slight bit smaller and maybe put the text "Liberty" on the left and the text "Underground" on the right, instead of in the middle? It would help to fill out the header area and look more uniform. Just a thought.

I like the look of the colors as they seem to work well with your logo.

In the footer, is it possible to center the links, text and things directly under their heading/title? I think it would give it a cleaner look. At least the quick likns and the legal section. They just look too far left IMO.

I think your forum is looking great, just need some fine-tuning and start getting members. (social media promoting maybe)

I'll keep an eye on it to see what kind of changes and adjustments you do.

Good job and good luck. ;)

P.S. I really like the characters used for the logo, nice!
Thanks, glad to know you like the logo. I will be sure to look into the centering.

I appreciate everything, thanks again!

Thanks, glad to know you like the logo. I will be sure to look into the centering.

I appreciate everything, thanks again!
You are very welcome. :)

I just saw the color changes, I think you nailed it! Looks real nice for the topic of the site.

The header also looks less empty with the centering.

Real nice looking forum, I wish you much success with it. :)

Thank you so much. If you had to pick, which is best? I am liking "Patriotic" best, but the color scheme for "Freedom" more.

I liked the "Freedom" color scheme slightly more. But I looked at it today, and still really like it the way it's showing with the brighter color scheme and the centered logo. It all comes down to preference with those little details. Looks really well organized though!

I liked the "Freedom" color scheme slightly more. But I looked at it today, and still really like it the way it's showing with the brighter color scheme and the centered logo. It all comes down to preference with those little details. Looks really well organized though!
Thanks... I might make the colors the freedom one, but use the Patriotic one as it has more customizations.
I cannot find a place to get this added... I like these ones:
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 12.07.43 AM.webp Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 12.07.36 AM.webp

You could add a background to take the bareness off the header. Choosing the right image is important, this is something that I threw together using the Chrome browser console and adding it to the CSS header element. You can of course use any image that is suitable and you would also need to add some extra CSS to the process for the responsive look.

upload_2016-8-14_7-46-58.webp

Top Bottom